• Responsible for proofing and copy editing all content for printed materials, forms and digital marketing to ensure all copy and designed materials are error-free.
• Serve as a quality control specialist relied upon to find and correct all errors at mock up stage prior to business unit receipt.
• Assist writers with drafting and editing copy.
• Maintain holistic view of marketing project throughout project lifecycle
• Learn and maintain knowledge of military uniform regulations
• Serve as a resource of information in regards to content meeting style guides and maintaining consistent tonality.
• Review all copy for grammatical accuracy, including proper tone in relation to creative treatment
• Perform final proofing to ensure accuracy prior to file collection by designer.
• Work closely with the Marketing Communications and Creative Services teams to ensure effective communication when disseminating edit requests.
• Monitor workflow to ensure proofing duties are prioritized according to due dates.
• Maintain communication with Compliance to ensure content meets regulatory requirements and regulations.
• Work with the Production Supervisor and Procurement editing blueline proofs for print production.
• Maintain proofing checklist to ensure all content received thorough review.
• Contributes to process and procedural improvements for QC team.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Perform other duties as assigned
Additionally, the new copy editor will:
• Have the ability to get up to speed quickly
• Be engaged, driven for results
• Productively identifies quality control process gaps, recommends improvements and support implementation
• Have strong written and verbal skills
• Be strategic in the way they approach their tasks, role and processes
• Will work well with a team; can provide guidance to other where needed.
• Have experience with a project management system
• Contribute to Operational team meetings and discussions
See below under skills
Not opposed to agency or in-house, financial exp preferable
Accurately perform proofreading and copy editing duties in support of our Marketing Department initiatives.
It will be necessary for this person to come in and hit the ground running-- learn processes, style guides and brand guides, begin working in the project management tool to proof/edit jobs.
The editor will also need to work with other teams such as Project Management, Copy Writing, Design and Operations.
They will need to be able to juggle multiple projects at once and not be afraid to speak up or ask question