Are you a recent business grad or marketing coordinator trying to break into the agency scene? If so, we've got the perfect job for you! Our agency client is looking for an Associate Project Manager to join their growing team. This is the perfect opportunity for you to get your foot in the door working with a talented team of Project Managers and Designers. In order to qualify for this role you must be enthusiastic, be engaged, have excellent people and communication skills, as well as know your way around (and enjoy working in) Excel.
As a an Associate Project Manager you will a team member to who's looking collaborate, learn from, and assist a Project Manager in design and print projects. This position can be client facing so a comfort level with presenting to groups of people is key. Additionally this position is expected to participate in the ongoing development of a functional, healthy and friendly workspace for all employees.
- Presentation skills are a must. Being able to present budgets, time lines, and project concepts to multiple-stakeholders in an engaging manner is critical to this position.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, positively, and objectively to clients and vendors while being the back up on a project. This requires making yourself available to discuss projects with clients when the Project Manager is not available.
- Manage expectations proactively. Provide full disclosure of project status, budgets, and actions to the internal team and client base as needed.
- Communicate project schedules to team members and possible or probable obstacles that may compromise the agreed upon schedule.
- Assist in providing written and/or verbal project updates upon request to the project manager or Senior Project Manager in a timely matter that relates to each project. Updates pertaining to the design team must be relayed as well.
- Assist in providing initial budget and, budget updates as needed, to client and internal team. Provide final accounting and margin goals to the supervisor prior to billing the job.
- Ability to maintain composure in all situations with clients. Stay positive, engaged and be proactive.
- Ability to communicate a solution or resolution to a client or vendor thus making difficult situations suitable to everyone involved with supervision.
- Assist in managing production of large and small-scale print related projects
- Develop, and work within, existing Excel spreadsheets that include all necessary and relevant information that is directly related to the person receiving the spreadsheet.
- Must be detail oriented. Work on elements of a project as requested by supervisor with a thorough eye in regards to budgets, production spreadsheets, time lines and proofing. Multi-tasking is an essential function to keep up with various projects throughout each day.
- Ability to track billable hours on client projects and update appropriate parties.
- Compile and present all billing to Project Manager or Senior Project Manager before being turned into accounting. Assist in completing the internal billing process for each project.
- Work to increase sales through networking, by building new relationships with vendors and clients each day. Actively seek new business opportunities.
- This role requires interaction with clients and vendors on a daily basis. It’s imperative to be on point, express interest and eagerness to be working with he/she.
- This position entails writing estimate requests, purchase orders, print pricing quotes, memo’s, emails and faxes in a professional, clear, and concise fashion that furthers the company’s good standing with clients and vendors.
- Ability to work in an open office space with a team environment. Be flexible to working with new people internally or on the client side to gain experience through new opportunities.
- Debrief at the end of each project to identify key learning’s and challenges and benefit the success of each project moving forward.
- Help to proof creative before it goes to the client and potential Vendor partners.
If this sounds like a great role for you, apply now, with why you are a fit and what your salary requirements are.