The Marketing Content Specialist reports to the Content Manager and has the following responsibilities:
● Provide a creative spark and be a resource for brainstorming new, innovative and competitive marketing solutions.
● Collaborate with product and service development, management, and marketing to gain a thorough understanding of the market, competitive product benefits, and marketing objectives so that copy will be targeted and compelling.
● Support requests for creation of original content for comprehensive marketing campaigns.
● Receive content from clients and other sources and edit/optimize it as follows:
○ Proofread and edit for grammar, spelling, accuracy, and style
○ Ensure consistency in message, voice, and brand
○ Ensure appropriate keyword placement for SEO, if applicable
● Help ensure that the brands products, services, events, initiatives, etc. are represented across all of our marketing websites where appropriate.
● A digitally savvy marketer with 3-5 years of experience writing for print, email, web, and Hybrid role/Writing background as well as knowledge of Project Management/Marketing. other marketing communications in content marketing, advertising, public relations or related fields. Experience in education a plus.
● Appreciation of print and web layout, design, and user experience. Understanding of SEO and mobile best practices.
● Working knowledge of HTML and web publishing/content management processes, systems, and related tools.
● Positive attitude and team spirit.
● Excellent verbal, written, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
● Exceptional attention to editorial detail. Impeccable editing skills. Familiarity with using editorial style guides (particularly Chicago Manual of Style).
● Proactive and forward-thinking. Enjoys collaboration and offers ideas to improve projects and processes.
● Selfstarter and highly detailoriented, with the organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to shift priorities according to business needs.
● Must be able to work quickly under deadline pressure and follow through on assignments.
- Role will be 3-6 months, hours varying depending on how many projects assigned each week.
- Must have writing samples
- Must be team oriented