The Americas marketing team at VMware is hiring a Commercial Field Marketing Manager (FMM) responsible for driving cohesive marketing efforts supporting VMware technologies and communication across the Commercial sales business. This position will support high/low touch marketing programs that generate quality marketing sourced pipeline across the top high opportunity Commercial Select, Preferred, Emerging and development Commercial customers. This role requires someone with creative and analytical thinking skills as well as an in-depth understanding of sales priorities and processes. The FMM will interact directly with VMware’s Commercial Sales, Partners, Operations and Enablement teams in Austin in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to adapt and excel amid a changing landscape; relationship management skills, strong data analytics skills as well as experience in executing field and account based marketing initiatives are crucial to your success.
• Creates and maintains a Commercial content strategy (build awareness) that results in well-informed stakeholders and consistent content delivery across a highly matrixed environment
• Utilizes disciplined creativity by choosing a wide-range of marketing vehicles, both traditional and new, to positively influence various audience segments including, customers, partners, and the sales force.
• Provides strategic guidance and issue resolution to Sales by coordinating with internal functions relative to Commercial marketing efforts that will ensure flawless tactical execution.
• Strategically influences and collaborates closely with the Lead Development Rep teams to develop targeted prospecting and increase Commercial pipeline build
• Monitors programs for sales impact and overall success. Retention, growth and customer satisfaction are the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Delivers on-going recommendations to the Commercial Field Marketing team based on an evaluation of program trends and analysis of in-flight projects.
• 5-7 years’ customer marketing demand generation experience with focus on Commercial customers
• Proven track record of successfully partnering with sales management. To be successful, this individual must establish favorable results through coaching and influencing others. Previous sales experience is a plus
• Exceptional success with communications development, positioning and implementation
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with limited management direction. The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
• Strong background in metrics tracking. Experience with developing, executing and tracking results tied to integrated, multi-touch marketing plans is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to excel in a highly-matrixed, collaborative and fast-paced environment
• Strong planning and execution track record
• Excellent communications, speaking and presentation skills
• Performance driven, high-energy and passionate about making an impact
• Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
• Strong team player with a positive attitude
• Based in Austin, TX
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs