Aquent has an immediate need for a Marketing Communications Writer with a top-tier company in Plano. This is a 12 month temporary position at 30-35 hours a week. No relocation.
The ideal candidate will work with the team to create and implement communication plans, develop content, measure effectiveness and help manage channels and vehicles.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing or related field.
• 3-5 or more years’ experience in an agency, corporate or media setting developing content for varied audiences through a range of channels.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including proficiency in AP Style.
• Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to form relationships and work with company partners.
• Understanding of writing for different audiences, purposes and formats, ranging from social media and web to print, email and operational writing.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to act independently in complex or challenging situations.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail, documentation and accuracy.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
• Create and deliver multimedia communication plans in partnership with Internal Communications team.
• Work with clients, creative partners, production team and subject matter experts as needed.
• Help manage editorial calendars and other key planning, process and organization documents.
• Write, edit and distribute content for various clients and vehicles, including print, web, broadcast and email.
• Work with senior manager, internal communications to ensure projects align with the Company’s business strategy, brand standards, editorial practices and other processes.