The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and publishing of
information generated by the EPM Marketing Communications function globally, trade show
coordination, lead management and metrics, product literature production, tracking marketing
communication expenses, preparing collateral/promotional materials and assisting the Marketing
Communications team in a variety of promotional efforts.
• Manages digital assets in various electronic libraries, including the Digital Asset
Management System (DAM), the EPM Online Library, and literature warehouse, as well as
user access and system configurations.
• Develop strong working relationships with Business Units, Corporate office, and vendors
to develop an integrated e-marketing program that reflects market/business strategy
• Interface with internal customers at all levels of the organization
• SFDC super-user, including campaign management, lead entry and tracking, and creating
and running reports.
• Manage all cross-functional planning and budgetary components of EPM event program
including the coordination of customer events, tradeshows, site visits and tours.
• Develop and maintain a complete Customer Database for use in promotion and event
• Daily tracking of marketing communications related expenses and preparation of monthly
summaries to ensure that operating budget guidelines are being adhered to.
• Facilitate the production of all product support materials through the management of
vendors and stakeholders alike.
• Assists the eMarketing Specialist in executing promotional campaigns.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
• Assist MarCom Manager with the preparation and distribution of communications and
promotional materials such as new product launch materials, newsletters, support
bulletins, product announcements, news updates and application notes etc. Include
vendor and stakeholder’s relationship management.
• Carries out various administrative duties as required, including coordinating printing
services, mailings, etc.
• Strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven experience working in a cross-functional, complex matrix environment and able to
adhere to pre-existing guidelines and standard operating procedures
• Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
• Proven ability at learning in-depth product knowledge within multiple product lines
• Strong attention to details, strong time management, budgeting and organizational skills
• Flexible and able to adapt to rapid change
• Proactive self-starter able to work autonomously and as a team-player
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree in communication, promotions, marketing,
journalism, or related field preferred
• 2+ years experience with BA (3+ with Associates) in a marketing communications
function, preferably in a B2B setting. With experience working in a cross-functional,
complex matrix environment
• Willing to travel domestically and some international up to 25%
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products. Adobe Creative Suite programs
such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and/or Flash a plus, but not required
• Experience with various marketing tools, specifically SalesForce.Com [Additional
examples: SAP or other ERP systems, Adobe CQ5, SharePoint, Eloqua, digital content and
asset management systems]
Key abilities, skills and competencies:
• Building relationships
• Acting with flexibility
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly organized
• Strong communicator
• Analytical skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills. This role has many organizational interfaces, both across
functions and internationally.
• Energy and motivation. The role requires high levels of self motivation and energy.
Initiative, persistence, determination and drive will all be required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs