This is a long term position supporting a key client in hi-tech equipment manufacturing. The Marketing Communications Project Specialist will primarily support the marketing communications effort for events, contributing to other projects as needed. This role is estimated to be 40 hours per week on site at the client’s offices in Milwaukee, but could flex depending on work volumes.
The Marcom Project Specialist will oversee the completion of projects, working directly with internal clients to create company event and product literature and other forms of communication. Using established InDesign templates the Project Specialist will collect content from internal clients then provide information and oversight to the designers. Completing these projects includes coordinating reviews with all stakeholders, copy editing, proof reading (including trademarks and design layout review) and revising content when appropriate, while staying within budget. Typical projects include customer success stories, calendars, product brochures and profiles.
- Partner with clients to complete documents using pre-designed templates
- Work closely with the creative team to convey customer needs and ensure customer’s objectives are met while staying in approved templates
- Clearly communicate up-front timeline dates to keep projects on schedule and ensure client deadlines are met on time and within budget
- Complete client follow-up when needed
- Oversee the approval process with client and other internal stakeholders
- Edit and proofread final deliverables to ensure accuracy and brand compliance
- Solve problems and overcome obstacles with clients with minimal guidance
- Maintain company and brand standards
- Experience in marketing communications or marketing communications project management in a corporate environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent copy writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experienced user of MS Office Suite and familiar with InDesign