Our client in the CPG Industry is seeking a Marketing Communication Manager to join their rapidly growing team! You will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of assigned campaigns. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Communications Manager, you will have ownership for campaign timelines, deliverables, communication and metrics while managing as many as 2 direct reports. Collaborating and integrating cross functionally, the Marketing Communications Manager is expected to manage and facilitate work across the functional matrix both within the marketing & innovation team and across sales and other departments to achieve objectives and business improvement. The Marketing Communications Manager is the voice of the consumer and the customer within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Plan and deliver seasonal marketing campaigns that drive sales and generate repeatable results, in accordance with our marketing strategy.
- Work with sales and marketing leaders to define the sales, product and marketing objectives and key messages to ensure alignment of efforts.
- Provide direction and feedback to graphic designers, agencies and media planners to develop messaging and execute tactics that are high quality, on brand and align with marketing strategies.
- Coordinate campaign tasks and ensures all pertinent information is communicated to broader departments and/or team members.
- Track, measure and analyze marketing campaigns; use data to form insights and learnings to produce best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of consumer communications principles, strategy and best practices
- Strong analysis and judgement of creative work to ensure quality, alignment and effectiveness
- Understanding of and ability to readily apply consumer insights within communication and engagement activities
- Business acumen and tactical judgement, problem-solving ability
- Strategic and tactical planning ability including development and execution of communication platforms, media mix, messaging and content
- Strong understanding of campaign performance analysis and key performance metrics
- Developing leadership traits and communication skills
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- 5-7 years of progressively advancing consumer communication and engagement experience required, preferably a mix of agency and CPG experience
- Experience with CPG/food brands operating through retailers REQUIRED
- Demonstrated success in competitive and high criteria professional and/or academic environments
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred – expectation of at least 1 academic degree in business, marketing or related area