The Infrastructure Management Group (IMG) Channel Marketing Team is looking for an experienced marketing and communications (MarComm) professional who is self-motivated and has expertise in providing complex marcom consultation, planning, implementation and recommended solutions for multiple programs and projects (targeting both internal and external audiences) to meet organizational and brand reputation goals.
This MarComm Specialist will be responsible for the full range of professional marcomm services, including a broad range of marketing activities, communications, thought-partnership, and the development of channel marketing strategies and programs to support the adoption of IMG Services.
The MarComm Specialist will report directly to the Sr. Director of IMG Channel Marketing. S/he will work closely with other members of the larger team as well as service teams and service support functions throughout the organization – so strong communication skills are needed. The ability to be successful in this role relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is welcomed and expected.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement marketing plans and tactics to fulfill the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the overall IMG Channel Marketing program to deliver, promote and protect IMG’s brand and reputation.
• Provide communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing customized communications materials.
• Strategizes, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations, plan logistics, and manages overall marketing activity coordination.
• Manages and completes multiple assignments and coordinates diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
• Acquire the input and resources of other channel marketing staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects.
• Ensure marketing content is consistent with the brand in terms of tone, manner and messaging.
• Seven (7) years of marketing communications or related experiences.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Consulting skills, customer focus.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft suite of applications.
• Understands or has experience with go-to-market activities supporting new products.
• Strategic thinking.
• Project management skills.
• Performance and results focus.
• Experience working in a geographically disperse team and customer base.
• Soft Skills:
• Positive attitude.
• Team player.
• Problem solving skills.
• Political and corporate cultural sensitivity.
• Develop, copy, edit, and proofread all IHQ content
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of website content, including service pages and landing pages
• Conduct interviews with internal stakeholders to extract pertinent information and develop engaging content
• Assist and collaborate on various marketing/communications projects
• Write customer-facing content for: site promotions, email newsletters, and other online outreach campaigns
• Research and write engaging content to be used in the form of videos, webinars, infographics, etc.
• Understand and adhere to brand/product-specific standards for content including tone, voice, and style
• Participate in content brainstorming sessions with IHQ stakeholders and contributors
• Collaborate with IHQ creative team to incorporate effective web design
• Develop and maintain a master content calendar for IHQ
• Complete other communications activities as assigned
• Minimum five (5) years of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Self-motivation: You can figure it out and get it done
• Strong verbal comms skills: ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts and ideas
• Creative thinker: Ability to translate marketing objectives into effective and compelling marketing copy
• Excellent interpersonal skills: positive attitude, sense of humor and ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multiple teams
• Deadline-driven: experience working on multiple projects at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload and working efficiently under deadline-driven pressure)
• Details oriented: a devotion to accuracy and proper grammar
• Passion for learning: a commitment to keep up with the latest industry trends in both communications and digital marketing
• Current on technology, digital trends and best practices: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Word Press, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices