Our healthcare client located in Thousand Oaks, CA has an immediate need for a contract Marketing Comm. Writer. The ideal client is a strong writer and can write technical material. Must be strong in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Strong proofreader and editor as well.
- Responsible for providing advanced creative and technical advice and writing support for the development and implementation of moderately complex marketing communication materials.
- Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Consults with business leaders to identify business objectives.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of communication plans, strategies, copy and materials, and recommends communication strategies and implementation approaches.
- Collaborates with creative teams on customer needs and develops and implements communication solutions.
- Researches, writes, edits, and reviews content for traditionally printed programs (marketing collateral, trade publication advertising, direct mail, etc.) and/or digital programs (online advertising, micro sites, text campaigns, etc.).
- Ensures all materials meet internal and external business and legal standards, and follows appropriate corporate standards, guidelines, and approval processes.
- Identifies improvements/efficiencies that support operational excellence, and supports business initiatives (plain language, standardization, going paperless, etc).
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 3-5 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience in health care or managed care preferred.