One of our top CPG clients is looking for a Marketing Assciate. This person will interact closely with cross functional product development team and subsidiary marketing teams and be involved in all parts of the product development process from initial concept to production.
This Individual will:
- Assist in executing marketing and product development related strategies to ensure achievement of sales and profit objectives.
- Responsible for tracking product development progress; track and monitor ex-factory costs and margins, production and ship dates and work with subsidiary marketing teams to make sure customer dates are met.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners.
- Analyze sales data and compile marketing reports
- Introduce and present new products and/or research findings to internal marketing teams, licensor, subsidiary marketing teams and Sr. Management as requested.
- Assist in preparing presentations to buyers, internal sales force and senior management.
- Assist in meeting set up and preparation with cross-functional team
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong data analysis skills, able to compile and synthesize data
- Strong knowledge of core marketing elements.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong presentation skills.
- High level of creativity ('able to think out of the box') and creatively solve problems
- Strong knowledge of the product development process (from concept to production).
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Proactive, self starter that is able to independently drive for results as well as work effectively as a member of a team.
- Some travel required
- BS Degree in Marketing, Business or related (MBA preferred).
- 2-3 years consumer product marketing experience
- Product development marketing experience in a toy or consumer packaged goods company highly preferred.
STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS
CONSUMER PRODUCT MARKETING
EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS