We are hiring a Marketing Assistant/Specialist for a global e-commerce retail brand for seasonal support.
- To be apart of the media team needing additional support during peak season.
- Will assist the media buyers who help traffic materials to vendors.
- This team consists of 5 people and is very collaborative, all hands on deck environment.
- Should be flexible with ambiguous working environment. Once you are ramped up they will be designated to a specific realm of the media team.
- Should be very tech savvy and be able to take ownership after a week on assignment with the platforms that are used on this team. These will be covered in training and orientation upon starting.
- An ideal candidate for this role will be process oriented and driven to meet all deadlines set by the sponsor.
- This role will be promoting media sites, TV creator, and digital billboards that need content updated.
- Manage a high-volume research request queue to support ad hoc requests for data, as well as to pre-compile research marketing materials to feed into that queue.
- Use syndicated audience research tools from comScore, Nielsen, GfK, eMarketer, Forrester, Simmons, Kantar, and more. Where appropriate, synthesize third-party data with insights that you gather from internal, first-party data sources.
- Create and deliver PowerPoint and Word documents for sales support and marketing purposes in collaboration with broader Marketing team members.
- Opportunity to use both third-party and Amazon proprietary data to design, develop, and maintain customer, retail category, and product purchase platform insights to support the Vertical Marketing, Product Marketing, and B2B Marketing teams.
- 2+ years of media research or marketing experience
- Domain expertise with online advertising and/or media
- Extremely proficient, power user of Excel
- Extremely proficient, power user of PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to tell compelling stories with data
- Degree or coursework in media, marketing, marketing research, economics, sociology, computer science, statistics, math, engineering, or other quantitative fields
- Experience managing a reactive, ticket-based request system
- Experience working with advertising sales executives
- Familiarity with syndicated marketing data providers such as comScore, Nielsen, GfK, eMarketer, Forrester, Simmons, Kantar, and more.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with Clearslide
- Comfort with or exposure to basic statistics is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Advertising or closely related field
At least 2 years’ experience in a professional business environment
Strong computer skills with a firm understanding of Word and Excel Ability to learn new systems quickly
Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills Effective communication skills Able to work on deadline and multiple projects at the same time
Excellent time management skills
Efficiently prioritize tasks and complete them quickly
Proactive, critical thinker with problem-solving ability