This role reports directly to the New Product Development Manager, but will also support the Senior Director of Marketing Communication. The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for assisting in Consumer Research, Marketing and Public Relations, and Packaging/Design.
- Manages and builds a database of home use testers
o Maintains database of information
o Screens and selects participants to home use test products; sources and mails product samples for testing
o With assistance, drafts and fields pre and post use surveys
o Analyzes and synthesizes survey results to create a report that communicates findings, insights, and next steps
- Supports or leads quantitative research efforts:
o Assists or leads development of research objectives for communication with research partners
o Collaborates with research partners to oversee and approve survey design
o Collaborates with researcher to deliver report insights to key stakeholders, including for sales presentations
o Analyzes data for smaller projects to identify and share consumer insights and implications
- Supports focus group research process
o Sets up and supplies the research room/area
o Confirms respondent participation and attendance
o Greets and hosts participants
o Assists moderator as needed
- Digitally organizes consumer research reports to make key results and insights available to the organization (Marketing, Sales/Channel Marketing, Product Development, and Customer Service)
- Participates in weekly team meetings to assist in survey design and approval
- Monitors key market influences and competitive product development advances to identify response plans and opportunities
- Participates in ideation and brainstorming to identify new product opportunities
- Collaborates with Channel Marketing/Sales as needed to add value to the selling process
- Collaborates with Marketing/Package Design to develop effective consumer communication based on consumer insights
- Embodies a team atmosphere of creative problem solving and accountability for results
- Drafts package design briefs and copy decks as needed
- Handles sample requests as needed (ordering, shipping and tracking)
- Works with legal counsel on trademark searches, and leads or assists in name generation
- Assists with PR requests
- Collaborates with Channel Marketing and Product Development to understand product details that will effect product positioning, package design, and selling
Package Design/Creative Services
- Receives and logs requests for creative services projects
- Proofs all materials – packaging, sales materials, presentations ensuring copy is grammatically correct and product details are accurate
- Processes and tracks budget and invoices
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to use Excel for budget/invoice tracking, managing home use tester database, and interpreting data for smaller research projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation.
- Strong planning, prioritization and project management competencies.
- Ability to work in and cultivate a team environment.
- Ability to meet strict and demanding deadlines.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs