Temp to perm, to start asap. Live until 26/4.
Salary upto £33k
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Assistant
Reports To: Head of Marketing & Communications
Department: Marketing & Communications
1. Purpose of Job
To assist in the implementation and delivery of the production of marketing and communications materials including service publicity, corporate communication support and public relations. This key support role will report to the Head of Marketing & Communications but work to support a wider team and varied agenda that delivers communications to passengers, press and stakeholders. The marketing and communications officers will provide guidance to this role if needed, but the assistant has the opportunity to ‘own’ campaigns and to lead on delivery and evaluation. This role focuses on providing service information to support passengers prior and during closures to the railway for planned engineering works. This crucial service information is a key driver of customer satisfaction.
This role requires good campaign management skills, excellent copy writing skills and will work as part of a team that provides 24 hour reputation support including media relations via TfL press office.
Five days per week during Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00
Railway operates 7 days a week, 364 days a year
Based at Poplar
3. Knowledge Skills and Experience
Educated to degree level with 1+ years’ experience in marketing, press or PR– or equivalent experience.
• Experience of handling agencies and printers.
• Knowledge of print production.
• Ability to write clear, concise copy for publicity and press releases produced in house.
• Media handling experience/ exposure
• Must have good organisational skills and have the ability to work on own initiative.
• Must be able to manage projects and juggle priorities
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to handle client requests and respond appropriately
• Good IT skills, particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Lotus Notes, DTP packages.
• Crisis management experience or planning
• Digital campaigns experience and analysis
• Experience of managing budgets
• Good commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
• Understanding of railway operations and transport marketing an advantage.
4. Principal Accountabilities
Assist in the design, management and delivery of a range of communication supports including marketing campaigns, corporate communications and public relations. These must be targeted to meet the audiences’ needs and use insights where possible. This role will require flexibility to meet changing client and management demands and requires participation in a rostered on-call process (approximately 10 days on/ 40 days off) that keeps TfL press office and the Head of Marketing & Communications informed of service disruption or incident (development).
5. Nature and Scope
Under the guidance of the Marketing & Communications Officers, or the HO Marketing & Communications:
• Service communications - Service Marketing: Design and manage service marketing for Transport. Specific jobs include producing, implementing and distributing a wide range of service or other campaign materials, primarily including closure / disruption communications and arranging distribution. These materials should be customer focused, evaluated and use insight where possible.
• Produce and distribute timely updates, eg stations, PSA’s bulletin boards, in order to ensure the right materials are available at the right places/ times.
• Liaising with agencies, suppliers, internal and external stakeholders; including client handling
• Updating and monitoring online passenger communications
• Compiling and copy writing company or team awards entries.
• Managing a schedule of awards and submitting and arranging attendance/ payment for ceremonies.
• Other campaign marketing as required
• Co-ordinate Staff Match-Fund scheme.
• Liaise with Service Delivery re Secure Station Scheme & plaque updates.
• Contribute to management reporting as required, primarily the monthly Franchise report.
• Budget: raise Purchase Orders & manage budget.
• Provide on-call media relations support by providing accurate information to TfL press office/ or direct to the press in exceptional circumstances, to help protect our clients reputation.
• Responsible for updating and distributing emergency media plan with approval of the HO Marketing & Communications
• Responsible for storing press coverage and digital coverage
6. Decision Making
Job holder must be able to prioritise tasks and make decisions at an appropriate level, understanding the market place and customer expectations of the service. The job holder, using the on call guidance as a steer, takes a judgement on when to escalate issues to the TfL press office and the HO Marketing & Communications that could impact our client’s reputation. If in doubt, the post holder should escalate issues to the HO Marketing & Communications who will make decisions in the event of developing (incidents).
7. Assigdnment, Review and Approval of Work
Job holder reports to the Head of Marketing & Communications with whom he/she agrees activity and budget decisions. The Assistant will attend regular Marketing team meetings and report on status of projects.
Publicity and marketing material produced by the Marketing & Communications Assistant will be reviewed by Marketing & Communications Officer for style and consistency.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Temp to perm, to start asap. Live until 26/4.