The Marketing Analyst will be responsible for working with the CRM Marketing Manager to provide on-going information, analyses and insights into email-driven activity. This position requires a self-motivated, quantitatively oriented individual who enjoys leveraging analytical skills to gain actionable marketing and customer insight. They will play a key role in shaping the email strategies, customer initiatives and reporting essential to driving traffic and engagement. At the beginning of email campaign efforts, analytics are used to structure test plans to ensure that campaigns meet their unique objectives. Data collected during the campaign power daily and weekly reporting. This reporting drives optimization and provides business intelligence. Post campaign analysis demonstrates the contribution of the email channel to the overall marketing drivers. Seventy percent of time will be prioritized for reporting/analytics and thirty percent will be devoted to email campaign production.
Reporting and Analysis
· Manage the reporting process for the Client Email channel, including weekly campaign performance reports and building presentations
· Compile data from both email and web reporting tools to create and maintain performance reports
· Analyze data to provide insight into changes and recommendations for improvements
· Develop email segmentation and testing strategies and design marketing dashboards for testing
· Work closely with CRM team to formulate requirements for ad-hoc marketing effectiveness analyses of our initiatives; work with manager to prioritize projects
· Evaluate performance of automated email programs to ensure reach and efficacy
· Create reports that are visually and analytically stimulating and clearly communicate value
Email Campaign Production
· Using the ExactTarget platform, manage the email deployment process working with editorial, product and marketing teams. This includes scheduling, quality assurance, list segmentation, testing set up and deployment.
· Implement testing strategies on creative with input from editorial by setting up A/B testing.
· 4-year college degree/equivalent experience
· 2-5 years experience in online marketing analytics
· Experience with web analytics software required (i.e. Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.)
· Experience in database marketing, email marketing, CRM, database systems
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
· Solid understanding of email analytics basics including key performance indicators
· Strong report building, formatting and presentation skills; create highly formatted reports that communicate trends and changes effectively
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Attention to detail, ability to validate data and recognize anomalies
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task, highly organized
· Works well under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
· Microsoft Office standard programs including PowerPoint
· Experience with email service platform like ExactTarget, CheetahMail, Responsys, etc.
· Able to match marketing goals with email and web performance measures
· Translate marketing objectives into measurable targets
· HTML skills for email a plus
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs