We are ideally looking for a very keen recent graduate with an interest in Gaming and technology with some sharp analytical skills.
Key Points Needed
1) Adept at Excel/PowerPoint (office generally)
2) Experience of database querying e.g. Business Objects, SQL, Access or other
3) Demonstrable Interest in gaming and/or technology
This role is an exciting opportunity to support marketing and retail analysis of the broader consumer devices business, including devices and PC Accessories. The position supports the design and execution of research and analysis on the effectiveness of consumer device’s marketing and retail programs. In addition, the role partners closely with senior Microsoft decision makers to translate analytical insights into concrete business priorities, investments, and actions plans.
The key responsibility of this role is to support the comprehensive analytical process to monitor and improve the performance of the games console's marketing and retail investments. Specifically, this framework should assess the effectiveness of;
• Retail sales and market share across EMEA regions on hardware, software and accessories
• Performance of digital sales and mix
• Engagement metrics across devices and content
• Key retailer pricing and promo strategies
• Gaming category health indicators on market size, attach and momentum
• Strategic ‘big bets’ on consumers, content and features
The analytical process must deliver timely and actionable insights that can be translated into concrete business actions by the EMEA leadership team. The successful candidate will meet frequently to brief the leadership team on key programs’ performance and recommend modifications & improvements. An ability to communicate insights in cogent, executive-level terminology is therefore critical.
Whilst the primary focus of the role is on the game console, there will be extension to support, with similar analysis, all other consumer devices and services including Surface and PC Accessories. The candidate will provide CDS and BG leadership with a broad perspective on internal and external marketing performance benchmarks that establish quantitative targets for marketing excellence. These benchmarks should where possible be consistent across categories.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Essential Experience
• Knowledge of classic marketing analytical techniques – Marketing Performance Measurement (MPM), Jones Analysis, etc. – combined with the ability to develop new, innovative approaches to analyzing marketing/retail data.
• Strong analysis and research skills including experience with both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Ability to integrate, structure, and analyze large amounts of data from diverse sources.
• Extensive experience in summarizing & presenting complex insights / recommendations to senior decision-makers.
2) Technical/Functional Skills
• High degree of competence with MS Office, particularly Excel & PowerPoint
• Experience working with large, complex data sets
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Executive Communication Skills
• Business Analysis and Performance
• Organizational Agility
• Trusted Advisor
• Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a science-related discipline. An advanced degree in analytics or marketing or an MBA is preferred.