The individual we are looking for is an excellent collaborator, communicator with an aptitude for data analysis. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-moving and highly diverse environment and will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timeliness are not compromised. Above all, the Marketing Analyst enjoys working with data and numbers, is detail oriented, a fast learner and would like to master data-mining and analysis. Only candidates with STRONG database knowledge and SQL coding skills will be considered.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: %Time
1. Reporting and Queries: Assists in the coding, retrieving and assembling of data from multiple databases using appropriate query tools. Format data into reporting templates. Responsible for QC’ing their work for data accuracy; requires the ability to reconcile data across multiple reports and sources, understand the intent of the reports and evaluate data against specific parameters. Must ensure that deadlines are met and updates on progress are communicated to the extended team. Participate in cross-functional project team to define project requirements and design reporting templates. 65%
2. Analysis: Work with marketing teams to gather requirements and define the objective of the analysis. Assist in the development of analytical requirements and design. Participate in the development of findings and recommendations. Discuss final analysis output and findings with marketing partners. 25%
3. Observation and Process Improvement: Due to the nature of this role, the Analyst is involved in multiple reporting, analysis and ad hoc query projects. The analyst must be able to recognize and discuss trends, observations and insights they’ve gleaned across the different projects. With this knowledge they will contribute to discussions regarding future reporting and analytical needs – and opportunities to do more in-depth analysis to vet out hypothesis and observations. 10%
The preceding Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Essential Skills Required: In order of importance, list skills or talents which a qualified incumbent should possess (e.g., computer literacy, subject knowledge, etc.).
1. Strong quantitative, analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Aptitude and interest in working with data and databases. Understanding of relational databases desired.
2. Excellent attention to detail. Ability to identify and diagnose data inconsistencies and errors. Patience to reconcile data from multiple sources.
3. Advanced proficiency in SQL, Excel (VBA,Macro,Automation) and Access. Knowledge of other query/reporting tools (Tableau, SAS, Brio, Crystal, Business Objects,Essbase etc.) is a plus.
4. Must love people as well as data – this position will interact and communicate with many different teams with varying understanding of data and analytics. Requires strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to multi-task: must be able to balance multiple analytical projects, partners and timelines. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
6. Bachelor Degree required preferably in IT, business/marketing, quantitative analysis, statistics or MIS
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs