Aquent is the world's largest and most successful boutique staffing firm specializing in the creative and marketing field. We place our Talent in contract engagements ranging from 2 days to 2 years! We offer the industry's best benefits that we subsidize dramatically! Medical, dental and vision benefits are available to you after just 30 days and after 90 days you are free to participate in our 401k plan! We also offer an outstanding referral bonus program where you can earn thousands of dollars just for knowing and referring talented friends!
Position- BI/Market Research Analyst- mid level
Duration- Long term contract
Start date- asap, after interview and background check
The position is 40 hours per week and indefinite in duration.
Hourly pay rate- DOE
Location- Center City
Philadelphia Local candidates only please
Benefits- Subsidized medical, dental, vision and 401k. Weekly pay
In this role you will work onsite M-F with our Center City Philadelphia cable company giant. This is a long term contract engagement. Our client provides business-grade Internet, voice, television, and related services to small, medium, and large companies. The contracted Research Analyst, in conjunction with the Director of Planning & Analysis, will be responsible for the gathering, review, analysis, interpretation, and management of information about our market space, product array, and services to be offered. Contractor will mostly review and refine existing research, but also occasionally produce new research about the characteristics, spending habits, location, and needs of the target market, the industry as a whole, and our competitors. Contractor serves as a subject matter expert and provides guidance and communications to employees as required. Contractor maintains relationships with third-party Analyst firms in order to optimize our company’s subscription agreements with those firms.
The contractor should have three (3) primary areas of experience and ability. They are listed here in order of importance to our team, beginning with the most important.
1. Research review and communications
• We sit on top of an enormous amount of primary research output that we produce, secondary (syndicated) reports to which we subscribe, and cross-functional databases. It is a challenge to keep our colleagues informed of all of these resources in a timely and convenient manner. The contractor should assume a leadership role in pouring over these research resources, understanding what is available, disseminating the most useful items to the appropriate stakeholders internally at our headquarters, and providing feedback on “what’s working” best as a communication channel.
• Works with various divisions and regions to tailor research analyses to address geographic findings of interest to the regional offices.
• Maintains and curates our online Library of market research documents (questionnaires, data tabulations, reports). (We typically have support from a college intern for this.)
• Authors a quarterly newsletter that is distributed back to members of the Advisors Panel, a customer community of survey takers.
• Manages a Research team project status report, which keeps us aligned and on-time with approximately 8 to 12 simultaneous projects. (Again, there is support from a college intern for this.)
• Thus, the contractor must have experience in document management and record-keeping, reading industry reports, gleaning pertinent information, assembling information in engaging formats (e-mail, report decks, “lunch-and-learn” workshops, etc.), and communicating effectively with others via both the written and spoken word.
2. Analyst relations
• Works with the Director and cross-functional Directors and VPs to make optimal use of our annual subscription agreements with third-party Analyst firms like: Gartner, IDC, 451 Research, Vertical Systems Group, IHS (Infonetics)
• Interprets market research data, analyzes market and product trends, customer insights, and strategy, to make recommendations based on findings.
• Identifies and stays current on new trends and seeks new ways to utilize secondary research to support initiatives.
• Consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance and confidentiality. (I.e., we cannot disclose information to Analyst firms that has not been otherwise publicly disclosed, or for which we have express approval from key stakeholders.)
3. Market research design and implementation
• While the Director handles most of the custom market research design and implementation, the contractor will occasionally work with the Director and cross-functional Directors and VPs to create and implement (mostly) primary, quantitative survey-
When this need arises, the contractor:
• Thus, the contractor should have experience in authoring questionnaires, programming online surveys (sample filtering, skip logic, rotation, etc.), analyzing quantitative data (advanced skills such as regression, cluster, or segmentation analysis are helpful, but not required), and creating engaging report decks that synthesize findings for personnel who have not been exposed to the research. Desired Qualities: The ideal candidate will conform to the following anticipated qualities and compliances:
• Bachelor’s Degree earned before 2012
• Generally, at least 3 years related experience in market research
• Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to occasionally work past office hours (evenings or weekends) as necessary.
• Some remote working hours are permissible (generally, no more than 8 hours per week).
** The position is 40 hours per week an indefinite in duration
Please submit your MS WORD doc resume and a 1 paragraph elevator pitch describing your credentials for this position.
Background check and drug screen required at time of hire.