We are looking for a full-time (40+ hour/week) contractor to work on our Maps team out of our Menlo Park offices. You will be helping with editing and validating OpenStreetMap data while adhering to team policies and guidelines. The project involves quality analysis on the teams works, providing feedback to engineers to help improve data quality and tooling. The ideal candidate is meticulous, analytical, able to exercise objective judgement, as well as work quickly and efficiently in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with OpenStreetMapediting tools such as iD, JOSM and Tasking Manager preferred.
- Be able to inspect, edit and validate data.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to focus.
- Perform to a high degree of accuracy.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy constantly changing work environment.
- Tech savvy and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong analytical skills and intuition, capable of making decisions based on analysis and experience.
- Able to work both in a team or independently when required, taking pride in data integrity and accuracy in analysis.
- 2+ years experience of relevant industry experience preferred.
- Formal education in Geography or relevant field preferred.
- Provides real time coaching, mentoring, and support to new editors, including knowledge of new material in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Learn how to use to use internal tools to edit and validate quality of map data.
- Train new team members on map validation and training data generation.
- Analysis of machine learning results for improvements on training data.
- 4 year college degree.