My client is a brilliant global tech company who are looking for QA testers to perform manual testing of applications for android devices. We are not looking for "testing monkeys", instead individuals who understand testing and can advise Engineers on which parts to rigorously test versus which parts can be automated.
We would absolutely love to see candidates who are capable of taking things one step further and can create / refine the tests.
Role will involve a combination of;
- Manual testing of phone applications (Android)
- Performing rigorous tests on new features
- Perform manual regression tests and bench marking of new software releases.
- There are several software components on their own release schedules, and tracking and testing the various combinations is important.
- Performing customised, more detailed manual testing of new features before they are released.
- Strong academic background
- Experience with, or happy to quickly become experienced with, mobile testing on Android.
- Comfortable working with a level of uncertainty, including drafting and refining the manual test plans for features, finding (and fixing!) holes in test coverage, and performing exploratory testing.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and on the command line.
- Good understanding of SQA methodologies.
- Good at working closely with a development team, to communicate issues, raise high-quality bugs, and assist with collecting diagnostic information.
- Experience with creating and executing regression test plans.
- Excellent time management skills.