The managing editor is a web-savvy editor responsible for overseeing and creating remarkable content for our corporate web properties, marketing campaign landing pages, blogs etc. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing and a comprehensive understanding of the Mobile Workstyles/Cloud Computing industry.
The managing editor will collaborate with the web team, the creative team, and key stakeholders around the company to create innovative web content. We are looking for someone who can keep our brand's voice consistent through development, training and oversight of web writing standards. The Managing Editor will understand our various audiences and personas so that published content addresses their needs, wants, and problems.
• Create and maintain an editorial calendar for our web properties
• Create the tone and voice for the company on the web.
• Write a variety of content from web articles, to promotions and offers on a wide range of topics
• Develop marketing messages, branding and positioning statements
• Contribute to long-form content projects such as ebooks, entire product sections, site redesigns, etc.
• Generate content ideas to support corporate key topics
• Create and optimize content for search engines and lead generation, identify new opportunities to exploit
• Conduct analytical projects to improve strategies/tactics.
• Grow blog/email/nurture program subscribers and expanding the reach of our blog
• Work with stakeholders across the organization at all levels from individual contributors to executives to intake requests, manage expectations and deliver consistent and high quality service to our clients, becoming a value added partner.
• Define metrics to measure and monitor content optimization initiatives effectiveness.
• Work with and identify contributing writers for source content. Promote implementation of SEO guidelines and champion web editing best practices.
The ideal candidate will have …
• A passion and strong understanding of the Cloud computing industry.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills . Experience as a technical editor/writer in the area of Cloud computing a must.
• Ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
• Must have strong ability to work collaboratively in a corporate environment
• An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale digital marketing strategies and tactics is a must
• Excellent organizational skills
• Clear understanding of SEO and search strategy experience
• Demonstrable ability to manage multiple complex and diverse projects.
• Multi-media experience is a plus, especially video content
• Familiarity with project management and project management tools
• Familiarity with web analytics programs.
• 5-7 years of marketing and content creation experience.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs