Managing Director, Aquent
The Managing Director leads the sales, and service efforts to grow Aquent business in the
media, entertainment, and hospitality industry. The Managing Director has overall P&L and staff management responsibility for the industry. S/he implements the overall vision for the industry. The successful Managing Director has a deep understanding for the business objectives of the client group as well as the needs of our marketing and creative Talent base, and is able to present Aquent services and illustrate how Aquent can contribute to these companies through our staffing services and solutions. S/he has a genuine interest in the marketing and creative fields and the motivation to gain key industry insights and develop a strong network of advocates within our space to grow our business.
Objective: To drive growth and profitability, and provide leadership, vision, and strategy for the media, entertainment, and hospitality sector.
• Set individual account strategies with the Strategic Account Directors
• Collaborate with other Industry Leaders to ensure Best Practice consistency, teamwork and holism
• P & L management
• Thought leadership for the industry
• Manage contractual obligations
• Build and leverage global relationships
• Determine and champion needed resources
• Senior level participation and management of industry events
• Identify and communicate sales methodology for industries
• Build and maintain C-level relationships within key accounts
• Hiring and managing exceptional Strategic Account Directors and Agents
Signs of Success:
• Client acquisition and expansion
• Develop Prime and subcontracting opportunities
• Development of new service offering
• Set business strategy for the industry sector
• Hire exceptional staff
• Drive increased customer loyalty and expand into new business through effective account management
• Direct sales force to consistently develop new business
• Ensuring fulfillment of client expectations and requirements
• Talent acquisition, retention, and management
• Ensure best in class customer service
Leadership: The successful candidate is internally driven, goal-oriented, strategic and confident in setting individual and team goals and has proven results establishing, growing and leading a business unit. The Managing Director is a motivator, knows when and how to raise the bar and can effectively communicate goals and vision. With the Managing Director’s leadership, staff will feel empowered to grow business as well as understand they are responsible and accountable for their own actions. The Managing Director leads with sound business strategy and tenacious tactical execution. S/he is constantly seeking improvement and demonstrates a genuine concern for Aquent’s business through a holistic approach to our learning and growth. The Managing Director seeks success for his/her staff and peers and regularly participates in cross-functional teams that impact Aquent’s future.
Communication skills: The Managing Director is articulate and able to express ideas effectively to all levels of buyers and in front of both individuals and large groups. S/he excels in a fast-paced, high volume environment and can easily guide a team with his/her exceptional change management skills. The ideal candidate is a persuasive team builder who leads through consensus with staying focused on the achievement of aggressive business goals. S/he has a proven ability to effectively handle conflict and to quickly synthesize and effectively share information. This person is an active listener and consistently checks with his/her audience to ensure that what is shared is also understood. S/he is effective at communicating by phone, written word and in face-to-face meetings and is well-versed in current technologies. The Managing Director is a natural relationship builder and networker with a track record of outstanding customer service evidenced by long-term relationships in a variety of roles. S/he has developed and successfully implemented processes that positively impact business results and can lead a team quickly adopt new business practices.
Fanatical customer service: The Managing Director sets the standard for customer service. S/he takes responsibility for finding solutions or redirecting others to appropriate channels and responds to all service issues with an incredible sense of urgency, whether from client, Talent or staff. The Managing Director projects a pleasant and reassuring manner and ensures prompt follow-up and follow-through from everyone in his/her team. S/he is extremely organized and an outstanding problem-solver with the ability to find positive outcomes to the most challenging situations.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Managing Director, Aquent