MANAGER OF DATABASE MARKETING
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: ON GOING
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL MANAGER OF DATABASE MARKETING! **
- Building and maintaining the core, foundational data platforms that power insights and programmatic and algorithmic customer experiences (e.g. marketing campaigns, personalization, targeting, loyalty programs).
- Expertise in large-scale data and database marketing and ETL best practices
- Hands-on data management and root-cause analysis skills
- Strong ability to translate technical topics to non-technical audiences, and vice-versa
- Own the Customer Data Warehouse
- Serve as the primary business owner and steward of customer data warehouse (CDW), responsible for driving its maintenance, usage, accessibility and impact.
- Become the in-house expert on the database landscape, deep-dive root-cause analyses, wrangling disparate data sources, and routine upstream/downstream analyses and debugging.
- Collaborate with Customer Analytics, Marketing and IT teams to address and resolve data issues.
- Deliver business and process advancements through creative uses of data and technology.
- Regularly measure data improvements and metrics and translate into meaningful business terms
- Oversee custom software tools that perform ETL, maintenance, and matching: e.g., Trillium, Informatica MDM/IDQ
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of customer data warehouse
- Proactively maintain and monitor data quality metrics and identify strategies and solutions for improvement
- Understand and translate data quality into business terms
- Serve as the primary liaison between Marketing and IT
- Prioritize, shepherd and translate requests for information and business requirements to IT partners, product managers and developers
- Drive marketing data needs amongst cross-functional systems initiatives and projects
- Build and execute UAT approaches across data-related Marketing and non-marketing projects, with foresight of complex system interactions and dependencies
- Bachelor s in Economics, Mathematics, Research, Psychology or related analytical field
- 5-7 years business experience in database marketing analysis, market research or related field
- Excellent SQL skills required
- 5+ years of technical experience in tools such as R, Python, and SAS. Experience with Hadoop/Hive highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Team leadership skills and the ability to act independently or with general direction as a senior contributor
Experience with relational databases (i.e. Oracle, Oracle Developer products), decisions support software (Business Objects, MicroStrategy, SAS or equivalent), and marketing automation, data mining or CRM applications