Our top entertainment client, located in Silver Spring, Maryland, is looking to hire a Manager, Public Policy & Corp/Gov Affairs. This person will support group’s needs across a range of responsibilities, including global and domestic policy efforts, corporate initiatives/events, compliance obligations, and administrative duties. This is a 1 year assignment, offering W-2 pay, and a generous benefits package.
- Support team’s implementation of key policy efforts and public affairs initiatives.
- Assist in identifying relevant external contacts for team/corporate efforts and engaging in initial outreach efforts to determine appropriate lines of communication.
- Perform internal/external research necessary to develop information critical for team to identify/develop/expand relevant policy efforts and corporate/network initiatives.
- Assist in preparation of documents/presentations supporting such efforts.
- Aid in satisfying compliance and administrative duties and establishing accessible and comprehensive organizational structures for key information.
- Monitor international affairs developments, such as nominations/confirmations/elections in both the US and overseas markets, as well as other geo-political changes that could impact the company.
- Work closely with group in their support of the international business and collaboration with other departments.
- Support other team/corporate efforts as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to implement defined action plans, seek guidance where necessary, and exhibit initiative/flexibility as challenges arise.
- Exhibit strong research and organizational skills and an ability to track filings, correspondence, contacts, events, and initiatives over time in a way that provides easy access to key information as needed.
- Coordinate with other members of team on policy issues partnership opportunities and as appropriate.
- Develop strong internal and external relationships.
- Adapt to changing goals and be a team player.
- Expertise with Excel and PowerPoint required; including ability to take data and create slides and graphs
- Legislative experience preferred.
- Media experience preferred.
- Flexibility and the willingness to ask questions when necessary, but also demonstrate initiative where appropriate.
- Good people skills and a hands-on attitude to learn new skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and professionalism.
- Prior government affairs, international, and/or government experience a plus.