Our top education publishing client is looking to hire a Manager of Marketing Communications for a 3 month position with potential to extend. This position offers benefits and W-2 pay. If interested please review the description below and apply with your updated resume and a paragraph on why you would be a good fit.
(Listed in order of importance with estimated amount of time spent on each task)
1. 40% Manage production workflow of marketing communications staff and the execution of projects from concept to deliverables.
2. 15% Work with marketing managers to define project objectives, messaging and scope and execute accordingly.
3. 10% Responsible for external vendor relationships for creative, copywriting, printing and advertising specialties.
4. 10% Effectively manage and monitor budgets for related marketing initiatives.
5. 10% Mentor and coach marketing communications staff.
6. 5% Maintain an understanding of company service offerings and key markets.
7. 5% Maintain an understanding of company strategies and key tactics.
8. 5% Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Skills
Manages marketing specialist, design and event staff and directs the production of marketing projects.
Recruits, contracts with, and manages external writers, graphic designers, printers, photographers, mailhouses and other firms hired to perform marketing-related functions.
Manages budget within project and marketing plans, tracks project expenditures and looks for cost efficiencies to maximize marketing dollars.
Serves as a mentor to grow and develop staff and handles routine managerial functions (performance reviews, etc.) for marcomm employees.
1. Manage Execution
2. Show Drive and Initiative
3. Develop Others
4. Act Strategically
5. Make Sound Decisions
6. Meet Customer Needs
Education and Experience:
• Five to seven years experience in progressively challenging marketing communications positions.
• Proven project management skills.
• Experience leading teams and providing work direction to others.
• Experience managing external vendor relationships and effectively negotiating prices and services.
• Experience in event management preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent writing and editing skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Commitment to producing top quality work, on time, within specifications, and on budget.
• Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
• General knowledge of various communications vehicles, including print, video, electronic, etc.
• Strong creative and graphic design sense, knowledge of design software (Adobe Creative Suite) a plus.
• Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams.
Minimum Education Requirement:
BA in marketing, graphic design, communications/journalism or other marketing-related discipline, MBA preferred.