Manager, Label & Packaging:
This position will be responsible for managing label & packaging sourcing, pre-costing and developments (seasonally and all major re-launches) with the following cross-functional BPs:
Marketing, Supply Chain, Suppliers, Global Production, Design and Merchandising. Organization, communications, focused Supplier strategy and partnerships required to successfully meeting product in-factory timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Management of Packaging Development and Sourcing
• Clear and effective communications with key BP’s and leaders (Suppliers, Marketing, Global Production, Merchandising, Design & GIS Offices) to:
- Source, develop and manage global label & packaging components including but not limited to: labels (printed/woven/heat transfer), boxes,
molded plastic, paper packaging, price tickets, size stickers, and poly bags
- Develop strong partnerships for effective decision making and issues resolution
• Pre-source packaging materials.
- Partner with Marketing Creative team to understand creative vision and communicate and work with suppliers to come up with creative and viable solutions
- Advise Marketing Creative and Brand Management of production and cost impact of new packaging designs (i.e. delivery, capability, budget constraints etc.)
and recommend viable solutions that meet the creative vision
- Develop new and existing suppliers as needed to support the business
- Leverage volume and knowledge across all brands for strategic sourcing and optimal cost, speed and quality
• Coordinate global seasonal label and packaging and all re-launches.
- Align sourcing, development and sampling with Brand Production calendars
- Provide Brand Mgt with program production timelines and advise on concerns & opportunities
- Work with Global Production to ensure packaging sourcing strategies align with product
- Negotiate artwork disk dates with GP and suppliers
- Ensure suppliers meet delivery dates and quality standards for samples and bulk
- Facilitate artwork approvals and communicate comments/status to all channels (Marketing, GP, GIS, Suppliers)
- Collaborates with overseas agent offices to strategically bid, negotiate and place global label and packaging programs
- Maintain tools and databases (PLM, Prompt, Item Master, GSL, Folio)
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing and Cross-Brand Sourcing Managers to build Packaging Category.
- Support international growth initiatives by serving as packaging subject matter expert on cross-functional teams
2. Management & Development of Departmental processes
• Ensure best practice across brands and functions
- Communicate and disseminate corporate packaging and labeling information to all business partners
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with Marketing (Brand Management, Creative, Editorial, Technical Production),
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Manager, Label & Packaging: