In the program and project management capacity, the individual will keep tagging projects on schedule and on budget by aligning across the Digital portfolio to ensure the timely and successful delivery of Tagging & Performance initiatives. They will work with Digital Product Managers, IT Resources, and leaders across the Design, Development, and Delivery organization to enhance the coordination of tagging related work efforts across the Personalization, Customer Acquisition, Merchandising and Booking, Mobile, and Global business units. They will oversee key tagging projects and tag migration initiatives to ensure timelines and delivery expectations are being satisfied.
As a tag management expert, the individual will enforce compliance with best practices, data quality and documentation around tagging and tag management. They will conduct data validation to ensure data integrity, monitor the deployment and management of tags, coordinate and triage tagging issues and tickets, minimize breakage and optimize performance. They will monitor deployments through Ensighten’s tag management tool to ensure rules and conditions are compliant with policies and best practices. They will work with IT and Business partners to ensure consistency and quality of data elements being added and updated in Marriott’s universal data layer. They will also deploy and manage data quality auditing tools and performance monitoring tools to ensure ongoing tag deployments via Ensighten do not impact key reports, break pages and increase page load times.
Program and Project Management: Align across the Digital portfolio to ensure the timely and successful delivery of Tagging & Performance initiatives
• Provide business program management leadership and coordination of business requirements for Marriott’s tagging capabilities, processes, and operations in support of Marriott’s digital product business units and coordination with external vendors and partners.
• Lead the planning and overall coordination and delivery of tag migration and tag management initiatives that cross multiple areas of Marriott’s digital channels in support of revenue targets and KPIs. This includes Marriott.com, mobile, and global sites. Some initiatives will have one specific team; others will deliver through the relevant DBU product teams.
• Partner with IT leaders, Business Units, Product Owners, User Experience, Digital Research, and Platforms teams to ensure Tag Management capabilities are leveraged and implemented and not in conflict.
• Oversee key tagging projects (including Analytics tracking migration) manage issues, dependencies and risks. Manage budgets, timelines and project scope.
• Develop and manage communications out to other groups as well as partner with different departments throughout Marriott and external to Marriott to leverage the API platform, and influence innovative solutions and products.
• Oversee overall program budgets and timelines based on different tracks of work that each DBU is managing. For programs that have one team across all DBUs, the program manager is responsible for the overall budget and timeline
• Manage external vendors, and develop/approve engagements and statements of work within framework of Marriott’s master consulting agreements
• Act as end-user advocate and ensure balanced decisions are made that consider development and support costs, risk, end-user experience, ongoing maintainability and reliability, and stakeholder needs across all digital business units.
Technical Expert: Enforce compliance with best practices, data quality and documentation around tagging and tag management
• Work proactively to avoid tag related issues to ensure data integrity and minimize performance impact
• Use tag inspection/debugger tools to validate data for various tags and tools in pre- and post-production environments. Coordinate with QA teams and vendors to conduct data validation.
• Develop data dictionaries for various tags, and maintain variable mappings for data validation of these tags.
• Coordinate across IT, business partners and vendors to quickly diagnose and resolve critical data quality, reporting and performance issues when they arise.
• Monitor the deployment of all tracking pixel tags on Marriott pages via Marriott’s tag management tools, including Ensighten, Adobe DTM and TagMan, as well as pixel tags hosted in page code
• Enforce compliance to tagging and tag management best practices, using performance auditing tools to quantify impact of page performance to the end user and Digital revenue.
• Report out regularly on data quality, tag latency, tag presence and page performance
• Document business requirements to update Marriott’s Data Layer (mobile and web)
• Document business and reporting requirements for new tag deployments where necessary
• Maintain document repository for tagging and data requirements to ensure fast resolution to tagging issues
• Maintain and update tagging governance policies and documentation
• Manage user access and permissions to Ensighten
• Recommend and implement tagging best practices
• Identify opportunities to streamline processes and improve speed to market
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Program Management Skills:
• 6+ years product and/or relevant project management experience
• 4+ years online/mobile experience, preferably with high volume transactional websites.
• Experience operationalizing large programs
• Robust product management knowledge and skills or relevant experience
• Knowledge and practice of core principals of software development lifecycles – preference for knowledge and experience with Agile practices.
• Knowledge of internet and mobile technologies and ability to leverage technical capabilities to meet business needs
• Excellent program management skills to lead teams in distributed environments involved in delivering complex business systems.
• Relationship-building skills as well as strong leadership and team management skills, with deep understanding of business impact on delivery.
• Strong planning skills including ability to develop presentations, roadmaps and spreadsheets.
• Strong interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills required to lead and manage all team members, internal and external clients, vendors and meetings.
• Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
• Strong communication skills a must
• Minimum 6 months to 1 year of experience with enterprise tag management systems such as Ensighten, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Tealium or other
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience with Web Analytics tools such as Adobe, WebTrends, Google or other
• Experience with 3rd Party Advertising tools, Re-Marketing tools and Data Management Platforms
• Experience using tag auditing, tag diagnostics and tag debugging tools
• 5 years+ eCommerce/Digital experience, including personalization, responsive web design and native mobile applications (iOS, Android)
• Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data to explain complex irregularities or trends
• A passion to stay current with issues and trends in digital marketing, with an emphasis on measurement and reporting, including for mobile and emerging technologies.
Management, Leadership and Problem Solving Skills:
• Results and team oriented, with a track record of working under tight deadlines with high quality results.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fast-evolving environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate business needs
• Strong negotiating skills, with focus on win-win solutions
• Ability to interact effectively with creative and technical team members and stakeholders to achieve optimal solutions
• Excellent risk management skills
• Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to solve real-life problems quickly, think creatively and satisfy speed-to-market needs
• Dynamic people skills (team orientation, judgment, interpersonal relations, results/goal orientation, resiliency/adaptability)
• Ability to manage personal capacity and appropriate distance from day to day/tactical operations; must maintain oversight of department strategy, vision, innovation, and creative momentum
• Strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; able to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team; strong ability to present executive level audiences
• Experience managing products and projects through a highly matrix and relationship-based organization
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
• BS/BA degree required in an appropriate field, with a graduate level and project or product management certification preferred.