• 2-3 years of relevant work experience, ideally with experience as a quantitative data analyst. Applied experience in marketing analysis, particularly in online marketing, a plus.
Technical Requirements (preferred but not required upon entry)
• SQL, Tableau, SAS, Python, R
• SQL to write complex queries against distributed databases.
• SQL, SAS, Python, or other languages to manipulate and shape large data sets.
• SAS, R, or Tableau to create data visualizations that communicate results and trends.
• Tableau to build and maintain performance dashboards.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Strong coursework in quantitative disciplines, including computer science, engineering, mathematics, operations research, or statistics.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Analyze and report on the activity of international customers using client's .com, client’s in-language websites, and client’s mobile apps.
• Build and maintain dashboards to proactively monitor and report on trends in client’s business from international customers.
• Develop insights to inform: digital-marketing strategy; globalized-content strategy; and website-and-mobile-app product development.
• Present dashboards and analysis to senior leaders from client’s Digital organization and to regional offices across the world.
• Collaborate with international field analysts to assess the impact of client’s digital-globalization initiatives on client’s international hotels, as well as on customer growth and engagement in international source markets.
• Provide data, analysis, and insights to help guide and prioritize international business-development efforts.
• Establish and share best practices for measuring the engagement of international customers with client’s websites and mobile apps.
• Identify opportunities to streamline and automate reporting and dashboards.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
• Stay up-to-date with new developments in global ecommerce.
• Stay up-to-date with new developments in quantitative methods, as well as new analytics tools and platforms.
• Become a go-to person for insight into globalization initiatives for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Possess strong presentation skills and an ability to explain complex quantitative methods and concepts to lay audiences.
• Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Provide information to supervisors and co-workers in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
• Inform and/or update leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manage time effectively and conduct activities in an organized manner.
• Present ideas, expectations, and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Use problem solving methodology for decision making and follow-up.
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.