Manager of Design and Production needed for an exciting opportunity with a design firm.
- Hands-on management of the Design and Production areas
- Refining workflows between pre-sale design and post-sale production
- Identifying and implementing improvements and workflow efficiencies throughout design and production process
- Continue developing a customer focused mentality throughout the organization
- Collaborating with Account Managers, Project Managers and clients on conceptualizing, designing and executing projects and programs
- Supporting field sales efforts by participating and contributing to client meetings and presentations
- Managing purchasing functions and relationships with outside vendors
- Overseeing the maintenance and upgrade requirements for Design and Production Department hardware and software assets
- Coordinate production with assembly facility on the execution of projects including scheduling, quality control, methods, assembly efficiency and packaging
- Participating and contributing to company Leadership Team meetings
- At least ten years experience in the design and production of print such as packaging, point of purchase and/or direct mail.
- Extensive knowledge of printing, prepress and the graphic arts.
- At least five years experience managing a department/developing and nurturing talent
- Experience and skills in working directly with clients
- Excellent creative and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of key design programs including: AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- Experience working with project management software, Trello is a plus
- Positive and “can do” attitude