An integrated design agency in Shepherd's Bush are looking for a capable developer/technologist to join their team and expand on their existing skill sets.
They are looking for someone with 3-5 years experience in building products including websites, webapps and apps for a range of clients within the Motorsport, Retail, Luxury, Technology, Media, Financial and Sports sectors. Reporting to the Director of Interactive Design, the Developer will brainstorm, build, test, debug, troubleshoot programs and scripts for various functions, modify existing project code, add new features, and create prototypes.
The candidate selection process will focus as much on existing abilities as it will on attitude towards learning about emerging technologies and picking up new skills. This job represents an incredible opportunity for a promising developer with strong PHP skills to build on their existing abilities and acquire new ones within an encouraging, caring environment.
REQUIREMENTS/CAN'T DO WITHOUTS:
• Want to build cool things
• Love PHP, you can love other things but PHP really gets us going
• You have done API integrations
• Love data (lots of it!)
• Have working experience with CMSs
• Wordpress integration/development
• Love working with Ajax solutions
• Knowledge of, and experience with source/version control systems (Git/Github and others)
• Experience with shell environments (bash, tcsh etc.) and UNIX/Linux administration
• Must love technical challenges
• Must be self-motivated, and able to multi-task
• Must be able to function independently and still work well in a "team oriented" environment
• Have done iOS work and (want to get into) Android
• Have a few things to teach the team so they can teach you more in exchange
• You have a good understanding of front-end technologies:
• HTML5/(X)HTML and a little about CSS3, animations and transitions and...
• jQuery and/or similar libraries, although they really just use jQuery
BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY:
You love what you do
You love making things
You love learning new skills
BONUS POINTS/NICE TO HAVES:
• Any other applications and frameworks
• ExpressionEngine build knowledge brings with it BIG bonus points
• Arduino/physical interfaces
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs