Salary: £30k to £32k DOE
Organisation and Programme
This is a once in a lifetime experience for 16 and 17 year olds – they take part in outdoor activities, meet new people and have the chance to give something back to their communities. Through the Trust, their confidence grows as they learn new skills that they can put on CVs and university and college applications.
They run across England in the summer and during academic breaks in autumn and spring. It is a flagship voluntary programme for 16 and 17 year olds, which aims to create:
- A more engaged society – by enabling young people to work together on social action projects in and with their communities
- A more cohesive society – by mixing young people of different genders, places, ethnicities, religions, abilities, and socio-economic and educational backgrounds with each other and older generations
- A more responsible society – by supporting young people’s transition to adulthood through personal social development, challenging activities and guided reflection.
Our Client is a non-profit community interest company that exists to shape, support, champion and lead a thriving service. They are working to make the Trust available to every 16 and 17 year old in England, and more than 100,000 young people have taken part so far.
Role Context and Description
They are looking for an in-house Copywriter to operate within the Marketing team, but with responsibilities across the organisation.
We are looking for a strategic individual who can translate consumer insight into powerful messages and bring our personality to life in a tangible and meaningful way, whilst acting as brand guardian. The role reports into our Creative Content Manager.
The post-holder will need to be confident with creating, adapting and tailoring messages to very distinct audiences, often based on strategic rationale and research data. The Copywriter will interpret often complex Marketing strategies and recommend on engaging copy.
The Senior Copywriter will write copy for programme recruitment materials, brand campaigns and media communications targeting parents and guardians, and young people. This will include copy for our website, CRM communication, stakeholder assets (political, education and business sectors), internal communications, conference presentations, presentations and speeches for our CEO.
- Significant copywriting experience either in-house or agency
- English university degree, journalistic experience or equivalent professional experience with varied portfolio of work matching responsibilities outlined above
- Experience of writing copy of a corporate nature
- Experience of, and proven success with, writing copy for consumer lifestyle brand(s)
- Experience of different writing styles
- Voluntary sector and youth experience is a bonus
Skills & Attributes
- A creative and strategic conceptual thinker who's comfortable working with a range of writing formats: from serious long copy to a witty one-liner
- A versatile writer who can connect with different audiences, with demonstrable experience of working for a youthful audience
- A strong proofreader with an impeccable standard of grammar
- A genuine passion for making a difference and an understanding of the Trust
- A collaborative team-player who enjoys working with a range of creative people
- Ability to receive, interpret and act on feedback from various stakeholders
- A positive and conscientious self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Creatively curious and motivated to challenge themselves to deliver consistently strong work that is relevant to the audience
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and work to fast-changing and sometimes conflicting deadlines