START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 2+ MONTHS
LOCATION: SAN JOSE (SHUTTLE AVAILABLE)
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL MERCHANDISING MANAGER! **
• Provide leadership and develop the consumer-facing strategy for Handbags and Accessories businesses. Assess the market opportunity and determine the unique position for our client in this space.
• Drive the implementation of strategies and tactics that optimize financial performance and buyer experience for the Handbags and Accessories businesses. Own Sales and Buyer & Seller Engagement goals for this category.
• Drive merchandising and develop inventory assortments for Handbags and Accessories that support the needs of the customer and the financial objectives of the division. Work with our sellers and partners to deliver those assortments.
• Lead the analysis of customer shopping behavior for these categories and use that insight to inform buyer needs and strategy
• Lead the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, local market intelligence, product trends, customer shopping trends and the competitive landscape to assess growth opportunities and site enhancements.
• Strengthen relationships with sellers to maximize both profitability and other investments in our business. Ensure that our sellers and partners are providing the best buyer experience possible.
• Collaborate with the planning organization to develop assortment plans that support overall strategy of positioning for key merchandise categories, classifications, items and sellers.
• In partnership with the marketing team, develop customer segmentation targets and build performance plans specific to each target.
• Deep understanding of online retailing best practices and experience employing tactics to gain market share and grow top line sales
• Handbags and Accessories experience: knowledge and interest in this category preferred
• Proven track record of strategic planning and execution, taking a project from idea to full implementation in a large complex organization.
• Strong partnership skills; able to broker mutually beneficial outcomes with stakeholders internally and externally
• Very strong analytical skills and business acumen in a complex data environment
• Product / buyer experience: experience defining buyer experience needs (ie: site needs and changes) to a Product & Technology organization
• 8-10+ years of merchandising in the retail industry.
• 3-5 years progressive leadership experience on a ecommerce team within a multichannel retailer / art & antiques ecommerce business
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs