LOCATION: San Francisco CA
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: Monday-Friday || 6+ Months
PAY: $22-$25/hr (based on experience)
OUR FORTUNE 500 FASHION CLIENT IS IN NEED OF A MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT TO WORK WITH THE TEAM AT HEADQUARTERS TO WORK ON PRE-SEASON PROJECTS FOR CHINA!
• Responsible for ticketing pricing, assortment planning and architecture, visual, ranking of product, Initial Commercial calendar
• Ensure the financial success of division and market by meeting or exceeding sales and turn goals
• Develops, communicates and drives long range and seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations
• Develop and understand appropriate assortment architecture that supports the China market
• Rank styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment.
• Present the product line to meet the financial strategies incorporating the China market growth strategies
• Partner with Inventory Management pre-season Commercial Calendar( i.e. amount cc’s to promo , discount % etc)
• Partner with the Inventory Management team on Investment Strategies.
• Partner with the Visual and field team to develop divisional key concepts, key items, and promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable for the China market that provides an exciting customer store experience
• Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences
• Understand the China competitive environment; proactively see the market through exposure to competitive retail outlets
• Participate in the Global Commercial hindsight, to ensure that the China markets learnings are incorporated into the preseason calendar
• Own and develop the Pre-season Commercial Calendar that supports the China market seasonality and traffic
• Develop market ticket pricing in line with competition and the brand value proposition model
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the members of the SF cross functional team, such as Design Production, Merchandising. Utilize these relationships to help influence future designs decisions which benefit the China Market
• Present mid-sight learnings to Design and the US Merchandising teams to ensure China market needs are meet
• Partner with the Inventory Management team on the development of annual and seasonal financial plans.
• Effectively manage and support the career development process of direct report to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development. ( if direct reports)
• Develops and manages the Merchandising team to be China centric customer, product and competitor focused; innovative; fast and team-oriented in their work
• Understand and approve market exclusives that achieve desired IMU target and market product needs
• Align with design to ensure that Market product needs are meet, ie legal issues for kids and baby
• Communicate the product strategies to the China field team both stores and visual.
• Track and understand CIQ risks per assortment and understand risk in retail and receipts
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS:
• 2-4 year education degree/certificate
• 2+ years of professional experience
• Advanced computer skills in Excel and email with an aptitude for learning new programs.
• Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes
• Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
• Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency
• Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities
• Strong communication and relationship/team skills
Requisition #: (5400451)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs