Construction company in Federal Way is looking for an long-form copywriter to work ON-SITE an average of 45 hours per week (sometimes more - including OT pay) until the end of the calendar year.
Candidate should have experience working on longer form pieces (upwards of 1,000 or 1,500 words) on complex subjects. The writer should be able to produce persuasive and compelling content and express complex concepts in simple, straightforward language. The work will involve both writing pieces directly and supporting subject matter experts with organization and outlining, development, heavy re-write, etc.
· write concisely and quickly, producing content that needs minimal editing
· ability to engage with technical experts for interviews, generate content, or re-write material
· follow an in-house style guide
· strong attention to detail to maintain high, “error free” standards and commitment to high quality
· good judgment and strong problem-solving skills
· deadline driven
Any civil engineering, construction, or architecture experience is a plus, but client is open to anyone with experience working with more “serious” subjects (hard sciences, social sciences, etc.) as long as it’s not just consumer or general interest topics. Experience in journalism and PR/Comms/marketing is also ideal.