We are looking for an experienced localization project manager to join the Aquent team on site in Boise, ID for a long-term, open ended contract position.
Schedule localization efforts and deliver a high quality localized product to customers. Efforts include being technically involved in software localization, solving software localization bugs, developing international test scripts and executing the scripts, using ad-hoc tools, and communicating issues and progress effectively as well as defining and coordinating localized software in-context review efforts. Further efforts include internationalization review and testing to ensure software functionality for all locales. Work directly with documentation to insure best practices are used to insure localization needs are met and costs are controlled.
Interact with different teams and individuals, including engineers, managers, QA leads, translators, doc writers, program management and project managers and external vendors. Manage projects to aggressive delivery schedules. Employing excellent problem solving skills and effort to improve existing process and tools. Daily effort requires the right mix of technical, organizational, and communication skills along with attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities.
- Version control of files using Subversion, GIT, and GITHUB
- Manage round trip of source files to localization vendor and back in to the product
- Directly manage the translation of files with localization vendor
- Review and test updated localization in daily builds to insure translation quality
- Construction of the LQA scenarios for all change in the UI for the reviewers to follow
- Manage check in of the Help and WalkMe source files for all languages for the WWTS team doc writers/content developers
- Work with developers of multiple products for check in and checkout of .properties, JSON, HTML, and JS source files
- Manage the third party Isomorphic translation for specific product’s needs
- Manage a Jenkins server to run scripts to check out and check in localized software UI files and maintain Catalyst TTK translation toolkit translation memories
- Use of SORs such as ALM, Rally and JIRA for defect tracking and Sprint deliverables
- Test for extended character support in all input fields and situations to insure full enabling of the product for all users
- Work closely with foreign counterpart to insure applications are covered in the LQA efforts
- Manage all documentation handoffs and deliveries for localization needs
- Ensuring documentation writing and development including rich media efforts allow cost effective localization and adhere to international needs and norms
- Work with the client Design Center team to champion international software design needs at the design stage
- Scheduling localization efforts and defining resource needs for assigned project
- Coordination with development teams to sync development efforts and localization schedules
- Following up on all internationalization and localization issues
- Continual involvement and partnership with projects; injecting yourself in their general and project-specific meetings, understanding their processes, roadmaps and challenges as pertains to localization. All this for the purpose of making localization a core part of their projects rather than an after-thought.
- Identify and implement process improvements when and where necessary at any point in the content creation / localization workflow