Please note that these are for the overnight shift. Candidates will be working 10pm-7am and there is no opportunity to eventually move into day shift. Weekend and Holiday shifts may still be required.
Our Studio is at the forefront of developing new interactive experiences across devices, led from the living room and powered by the cloud. We maintain and support the NFL and ESPN live video streaming applications across multiple devices for the Software Giant with headquarters in Redmond, WA. We also develop and maintain Apps for the current OS.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join the Live Operations team and provide specialized support for our next-generation consumer experiences. We are highly collaborative and outgoing team seeking an individual that sees the big picture, is proactive in their work, a true collaborator, and independent problem solver! Bring your expertise in troubleshooting complex technical software issues, working with engineers and other teams, when required, to see an issue through to resolution. This is not a task-oriented helpdesk role and we are looking for candidates with hands-on experience doing a lot of analysis and investigation to resolve technical issues are highly desired.
This role will support the Service Manager in maintaining the day to day operational health of our applications and infrastructure and the delivery of all live broadcast video and VOD content to end users. In the event of an operational issue, the Support Specialist will be responsible for responding to and investigating incidents in a timely fashion. This will involve working in tandem with both internal Microsoft groups and external business and technical partners to solve problems with complex content delivery systems.
- Capture and entry of operational issues in the Ops Issue Management System
- Communicate with partners on issue investigation status and incident resolution
- Use various tools to perform incident investigation and to determine root cause
- Communicate findings to Service Manager and update information in the Issue Management System
- Document commonly encountered issues and their resolutions as Knowledgebase articles
- Review error reports and investigate cause for most common errors for each application
- Facilitate the scheduling, review, and deployment of application updates in the NOC
- Maintain NOC equipment and monitoring infrastructure to ensure all systems are operational and ready for troubleshooting.
- Identify opportunities to streamline operations, optimize support efforts, and improve incident handling processes
- Methodical, self-starter, proactive attitude
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to stay focused in a high-pressure, team environment
- 1 year of working in a service desk environment ideally supporting a client or web application
- Ability to write detailed and accurate descriptions of complex issues, reproduction steps, and resolutions
- Familiarity with investigative tools such as Splunk, Fiddler, and Wireshark
- Capable of constructing data queries and performing data analysis is essential
- Experience working with complex enterprise systems, networks, and services
- Experience with various programming, query, and scripting languages would be an asset
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis