• Creation of static and dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
• Lighting single player, multiplayer and cinematics at a high level of quality.
• Tweaking of shading materials and textures to increase the fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay experience.
• Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
• Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as: light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
• Document lighting processes and technology.
• Manage lighting solutions within our memory and performance guidelines.
• Understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
• A good understanding of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
• Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
• Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
• An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and champion executing it in the game.
• Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
• Two years’ experience lighting within a real-time game engine.
• Experienced User in Maya, as this is our main modeling tool
• Experienced User in Photoshop
• Organization, planning and prioritization skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs