**1 Month Contract**
To keep pace with our growing business of product submissions for all licensed properties. As Product Development Manager, you will be responsible for the management of product development with licensees and overseeing all the aspects of the licensing development and approval process. You will become the brand champion/expert by studying the television/theatrical assets, property style guides and keeping up to date with all appropriate industries trades and competitive market. You will also review each product submission to make sure that there is a valid contract for the property, merchandise category, distribution channel and territory. You will interface with property creators and show runners to secure the appropriate approvals and work closely with the legal team to ensure that all trademark and copyright issues are resolved. In addition, as part of the product development process, you will be responsible for the following:
• Work alongside various work groups to direct the licensee in the creation of initial line products, determining line extensions of original products, and in the development of products from conception to production.
• Understand licensee’s needs and effectively communicate those needs to appropriate members of team.
• Effectively communicate creative comments to licensees, answer questions, manage licensees’ expectations and project time lines, and ensure licensees adhere to procedures and program requirements.
• Supply licensees with necessary program assets, such as style guides, character art, scripts, footage, marketing materials etc., by working with creative and other divisions to collect and distribute these items.
• Review and understand the contractual limitations of the various licensees.
• Review each product submission to make sure that there is a valid contract for the property, merchandise category, distribution channel and territory.
• Ensure licensee product lines reflect quality and brand/property objectives.
• Ensure that all trademark and copyright issues are resolved.
• Track licensees in development to insure they meet marketing goals outlined in their contract.
• Assist licensees in procuring or developing materials for trade shows, sales meetings and retail presentations.
• Oversee product samples by ensuring licensees supply finished samples per their contractual obligations; properly route samples as required; and monitor sample requests.
• Maintain accurate legal files for each product submission, both electronic and hard copy, of all stages of a product’s development as well as of any issues that may surface during the development/approval process.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE MUST INCLUDE:
• Applied experience with licensed product development.
• Excellent organization and follow-through skills to manage a high volume of new submissions while managing submissions already in the pipe-line.
• Detail-orientation to manage the ins and outs associated with product development.
• Able to work under the pressure of strict deadlines while maintaining quality of work product.
• Skill to work with minimal supervision, to self-start, to set appropriate priorities, yet have ability to take direction.
• Skill in setting up effective procedures and systems.
• Able to immediately and easily shift focus as the day’s priorities/deadlines may dictate.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, even when under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills, being particularly able to convey information to and between creative types and business people
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Adobe and Photoshop very useful.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
**1 Month Contract**