Our client is looking for a Lead UI Designer to lead a client-centered design approach in developing the most innovative and usable digital experiences in beauty. In this role, you will define, create and advocate for a consistent, intuitive visual system across all of our digital experiences – responsive web, native mobile and digital in-store experiences.
You are responsible for designing and delivering excellent client experiences and acting as a key collaborating partner with other UX designers, User Researchers, and UI designers. You will work closely with product managers, engineers and our business partners across to solve complex business challenges and client interactions. You will provide direction and oversight to a team visual designers to evolve our user experiences across multiple devices and platforms. You will also contribute to and help shape processes that support the product design practice and advocate/educate the organization on design methodology.
• Maintain and evolve visual design system across all digital experiences, including web (desktop & mobile), native mobile apps, and digital in-store experiences
• Define design concepts and direction for key digital initiatives
• Manage and trial visual design/UI tools & identify improved workflow opportunities for fellow visual designers
• Ensure quality of design in development, managing output of specs, assets & styles to developers
• Support UI casting & resourcing
• Collaborate with Creative Marketing & Design teams
• Expert knowledge of e-commerce and mobile design principles, information architecture and user-centered design (>5 years experience in a Visual Design/UI-related role).
• Must demonstrate a clean, polished design aesthetic coupled with a passion for pixel perfection and usability. Appreciation of standards; proven methods and tools to enforce brand identity and consistency across all projects.
• Proficiency in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite is required; additional design & prototyping tools desirable, with willingness to adopt and learn new creative tools on the fly.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment.
• Innate understanding of consumer-focused digital experiences across site and mobile & in-store, represented by direct experience in retail e-commerce across all channels.
• Good at relationship-building, communication and negotiation skills with all cross-functional teams.
• Required portfolio showcasing client-focused Visual Design/UI, with a passion for UX and research.
• BS or BFA in design or computer human interaction (or a related field), or equivalent education and experience.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs