AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST clients to help them identify a Lead User Experience Researcher for their team in Northern, VA.
We are looking for a Lead User Experience Researcher to lead the creation, moderation and analysis of user research for design teams of our digital organization.
The Lead User Experience Researcher’s responsibilities include leading and creating experiential research designs, collection of data for analysis, coding video for analysis, moderating empathy sessions, and running remote un-moderated studies. Due to the nature of financial services, the research work will involve a heavy amount of quantitative research and analysis skills. You will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our tools in collaboration with Designers, Design Strategists, Design Content Specialists, Product Managers, Software Developers, and other Stakeholders.
• Focus on simple and clean experiences. "Don't make me think" should be your mantra for our users' interactive experience
• Conduct empathy interviews, quantitative and qualitative user testing and analysis adhering to an overall research methodology created by leadership
• Conduct user research (empathy interviews, ethnographies and/or contextual inquiries) to develop user personas and complete user needs analysis and hierarchical task analysis (HTA)
• Assist in translating requirements, information/interaction designs, and business/user needs into relevant, simple, elegant, and powerful UI Experiences that resonate with users and encourage adoption
• Create and document guidelines that elegantly address corporate brand standards, user-centered design principles, as well as business and operational requirements
• Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
• Effectively and intelligently help in the iteration of designs by pinpointing key data points from testing, reviews, etc.
• Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present usability approach and research to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
• Conduct usability testing of tools and apps
• Leverage analytics tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
• Contribute to the style guidelines, design pattern libraries and usability best practices that facilitate a growing team's work
• Represent the team and ensure that all research being conducted adheres to the overall Research Methodology set by leadership
• Recommend updates and improvements to the Research Methodology as needed
• Work across teams to identify priorities and add to existing roadmap for research that aligns with upcoming design and product cadence.
• Work with design and product teams to determine research goals and objectives and advise team on how to approach research.
• Provide advisory support for teams who aren’t currently directly supported by a researcher.
• Travel up to 40% may be required