Fun Fact - Started by Alexander Hamilton in 1784, this powerhouse Fortune 500 client is one of the longest-lasting financial institutions in the world enduring every economic event over the past 230 years. And you can be part of the continuing and exciting journey! Our client is looking for a long-term contract Lead UX Service Designer to join their team for 10 months (with the opportunity to extend), onsite, 40 hours a week, NYC. Healthcare Benefits, 5 paid sick days, 401k, FlexSpend are all offered in this long term freelance opportunity.
The need for this role comes from the client’s current initiatives to build new capabilities which includes a 6-week design sprint for a complex B2B service offerings, e.g. create artifacts, portals, re-design of email and automation service designs.
What You Will Do:
- As Lead UX Service Designer you are responsible for the creation of revolutionary services and have the passion to build solutions that create competitive advantages for B2B customers and provide unique experiences to end-users. This involves designing practical, functional and desirable digital services mapped with customer’s business objectives and technology roadmaps.
- The successful candidate will be truly professional at gathering and utilizing business and customer insights, reframe service challenges, articulate opportunities, define strategies, create concepts and lead the development of innovative new services from initial to delivery.
- In this highly visible role, you will combine human, business and technology viewpoints, and master customer listening. You will lead contextual user research, mapping user experiences and customer journeys as well as lead co-creation workshops, idea generation, prototyping and blueprinting service solutions.
- You will also have your own client/project responsibilities and manage and deliver projects together with other creative team members. You should possess a natural ability to articulate the criteria good service design and offer constructive feedback to colleagues.
- You will be able to understand the service related problems/challenges of customers and end-users, solve problems with natural innovative and analytical skills
- Work with customers, business stakeholders and staff to produce a range of service design deliverables for different touch points, run creative workshops, responsible for quality of service design projects
- Collaborate with other team members in projects and across, support sales of service design related projects, and participate in developing the client’s service design offering
What You Need:
- 7+ years of Lead Service Design experience for digital services
- Strong knowledge of Service Design, tools, and methods
- Experience in working on a broad range of research and innovation-oriented projects
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative and strategic thinking capability
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org