Our renowned Fortune 100 client is looking for a talented freelance UX Lead Product Designer, 40 hours a week, 6 months with opportunity to convert to full time.
This is a creative agency environment (within a corporation) - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours. Our client is a pioneer in the retirement programs industry, receives 45 Best-in-Class awards for PLANSPONSOR magazine and is proud to embrace diversity as a pillar of their business principles. Other inviting things include a flex hours with a creative work schedule, business casual dress, open concept seating.
This awesome Digital Experience Design Team has quickly earned a valued place in the organization by building the design system from the ground up. This team consists of 30 people in three locations –NYC, Charlotte, NC and Houston, TX. This nation-wide design team collaborate on projects that include research, creative technology, content strategy, UX strategy, user experience and visual design.
This awesome job also comes with two great perks! Working from home on Fridays and a dedicate Apple iPhone for business
What You Will Do:
- Create world-class product experiences by taking concepts and distilling them into simple, usable solutions, sketching with other designers to deliver high caliber solutions.
- You will also contribute to product strategy by distilling and presenting findings from your work, gathering feedback and interacting on features once they are out in the wild.
- In addition, you will own your team’s culture and solutions, provide oversight, guidance and UX strategy for quality solutions.
- Partner with teams in other locations to share best practices, contribute to the pattern library. and culture of the Experience Design team at large.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about product design, thrive on complex problems and have high standards for yourself and your team. You are curious, ambitious and deliberate in your design decisions. You know how to leverage qualitative data and user feedback to iterate and refine a product.
- You are a strong advocate and have deep empathy for your end users. You understand the entire process of building a product that solves real problems for real people. You embrace critique. You don’t design in isolation.
- You know how to educate, mentor, guide and align with stakeholders throughout the process. You oppose an “Us vs them” model of product design and development
What You Need:
- Minimum 4-5 years visual, UX, and/or product design experience
- Leadership experience for a team of 3 to 5 Experience Designers
- A portfolio demonstrating functional, simple, and delightful user interfaces
- Expertise with Sketch and Invision, wire-framing and prototyping, system design, specifically using and helping to further develop a Pattern library, experience with user research and usability testing, experience animating prototypes in Principle, Framer, Flinto or similar, knowledge of HTML and CSS, Agile workplace experience, Scrum certification or fluency in that process
- Ownership of the creative vision for a product design initiative, with multiple stakeholders and competing interests
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org