What I am really looking for is...
A highly influential person who understands user experience and how to work with other UX designers, and product owners in defining and creating visual ux design strategies. Ability to quickly gain the trust of others and directing their work. Is very comfortable in a strong team dynamic, including presenting their design solutions, working with a strong User Experience Design practice, and thrives in a busy work environment.
This person understands responsive design development concepts and designing for Mobile devices.
• The Lead UX Designer manages the overall look and feel for Client's digital presence.
• The person partners with Product Development, IT Development, and key stakeholders to infuse the branded experience design perspective into the product vision in order to deliver compelling cross-channel experiences.
• The lead designer is responsible for translating the overall vision into a creative design plan and execute on that plan.
• Must have strong graphic design skills
• Ensure the proper application of the Client Style Guides, Brand Standards, Design Patterns and interaction designs across the enterprises’ properties
• Create visual design compositions that depict digital web pages and native application screens with realistic-looking content and data, as well as final typography, color, layout, and graphics
• Ensure that digital visual designs are optimized for responsive design, mobile usage, accessibility, performance, and other technical standards
• Works closely with team members to brainstorm and execute against developed strategies, creative briefs, product and program plans, expectations and goals
• Ensures the customer/client/end user perspective is at forefront of all creative and interaction design decisions and initiatives
• Works with other Creative and IT teams to improve product quality & efficiency
Scope of the project:
• Works with a multiple discipline team of about 5-9 people as assigned.
• Partners with external or internal creative resources to define and execute the visual design strategy.
• Works with internal Creative Services management team to develop visual design strategies and to partner with “experience leads” to execute on those strategies.
Top 3 preferred skills:
• Ability to quickly gain the trust of others and directing the work of others who may not be directly reporting to them.
• Ability to create and verbally articulate the visual execution for the project or experience.
• Brand Design principles and best practices, including responsive and mobile design.
Top 5 daily responsibilities:
• Actively participates in team planning and project definition meetings.
• Partners with other User Experience Designers, Web Development and Editorial teams on developing design solutions.
• Creating design solutions that support business goals and user needs.
• Presents design solutions through interactive prototypes to department managers, project team, and coworkers.
# of team members:
Will they have any direct reports?
No direct reports. Supervision more junior team members.
Top 3 preferred personality traits:
• Personable: Having a sense of humor, a calm attitude and an overall outgoing, personable nature.
• Adaptability: The ability to resolve ambiguous problems and respond to changes in direction and technologies or solutions.
• Influential: Takes the initiative to take the lead on open issues.
Prefer a degree in communication arts or visual design
Very little. Maybe 2-3 times a year
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
What I am really looking for is...