The nature of the work is focused on the appearance of product, communications, or collateral materials.
Graphic Design - With general direction from Design management, uses advanced design skills to create original graphic designs that appropriately reflect Nike's design ethos. Assists with ideation, concept development, and branding. Leads team projects and works independently to complete individual projects. These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials. Effectively uses computerized systems in design process.
Project Management - Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution. Manages individual projects beginning with internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards. coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards.
Cost Control - Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets. Estimates all aspects of project development. Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget. Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation.
Supplier Liaison - Arranges the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors. Develops vendor evaluation criteria; evaluates vendors.
Client Liaison - Acts as a liaison among Nike managers (Image Design, Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies. Communicates project details, design requirements, scheduling needs, and graphic materials.
- Minimum of 6 years progressively technically sophisticated experience in graphic design. Proven advanced ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and the athletic industry specifically.
- Demonstrated ability to create market-appropriate graphic designs within set timelines. Demonstrated high level of expertise using graphic design software. Strong oral and written communications skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and ability to make persuasive presentations to senior management.
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines.
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high- growth environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.