· Manage the timely and accurate production of newsletters from layout to post-production
· Layout daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly newsletters working closely with editor(s) using Adobe InDesign
· Create relevant tables, graphics for newsletters using Adobe Illustrator
· Ensure relevant electronic files are posted to all delivery channels: email, websites, third-party vendors
· Adobe InDesign: advanced
· Adobe Illustrator: intermediate to advanced
· Microsoft Excel: intermediate to advanced desirable, but not essential
· Graduate in relevant field such as graphic design, communications, journalism, or extensive experience working in publishing industry.
· Experience in a deadline-driven atmosphere (although talented graduates with school / college experience welcomed).
· Needs the self-confidence to make decisions quickly while coordinating varying deadlines, editorial needs and personalities, with no direct supervision.
· Manages time efficiently to effectively coordinate multiple tasks in a high-stress newsroom atmosphere
· Must be personable and be able to communicate openly with a variety of people with different needs.
· Requires ability to work proactively in a team environment to handle conflicting priorities simultaneously.
· Must be comfortable to adopt different workflows for different editors. Must be able to abandon pre-conceived, or learnt, ways of doing things; adapting to the traits of a variety of editors