As a Lead UX Designer you’re an emerging leader, managing teams in the creation of innovative products for our business and consumers. You’re a master of the UX craft with experience delivering innovative solutions for all platforms and channels. You draw on your complete knowledge of the UX lifecycle (discovery, user research, iterative design and testing) to lead a team to conceptualize, define, and create innovative and cohesive solutions that marry customer needs and business goals in scalable, strategic ways.
• Lead the delivery of outstanding experiences and results, coordinating a cross-disciplinary team in the marriage of user needs and business goals
• Leverage your talent for UX and strategic Design Thinking to lead the creation of holistic, experiences that solve for user needs and business goals
• Lead the execution of customer inquiries for a product or experience, guiding the team in discovery/prep, facilitation of sessions, identification and analysis of needs, and ensuring those insights inform or evolve products.
• Oversee and facilitate design discussions with teams and stakeholders, leading the consolidation of concepts and driving convergent innovation.
• Ensure the accountability of the team, leading by example in the creation of high fidelity work products (schematics, flows, interaction sequences, etc.) and providing feedback to iterate and evolve the work of junior contributors.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to peers and junior contributors, leading by example and helping to raise the bar for the entire team
• Facilitate the presentation of design decisions to peers, partners, and stakeholders, helping the team to articulate and rationalize capabilities against user insights and business goals.
• Lead the planning and estimation of design activities for a design team, helping facilitate broader workstream coordination and expectation setting with senior leaders and partners.
• Provide a senior voice to the UX discipline and community, proactively identifying challenges and solutions, proposing ways to evolve approaches and tools, and enabling a fertile creative environment
• Provide thought leadership around industry and UX trends, fostering broader community awareness, and facilitating their incorporation into the immediate team and lifecycle.
• 8+ years experience working as a user experience practitioner within a dynamic UX group (preferably agency or consultancy)
• Proven ability to deliver innovative experiences for Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop form factors, with a working knowledge of distinct design constraints and nuances.
• Experience defining and delivering multi-faceted, service driven experiences across one or many products and channels
• Experience leading the planning and execution of user research, including guiding the identification of key user needs and establishing capability priorities.
• Experience leading the creation and use of archetypes, profiles, personas, scenarios, or other user centered design artifacts.
• Robust knowledge of technology mediums, including a combination of Web 2.0, CSS3, HTML5, Obj C, etc., including an awareness of the relative strengths and weaknesses of each.
• Full understanding of adaptive and responsive methodologies and constraints
• Proven ability to work with development teams, negotiating experience priorities and technology constraints to maximize experience value.
• Experience leading a UX or cross-disciplinary team on a product or solution effort.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills, with experience presenting to and communicating with product, business, and technology leaders.
• Full experience with key UX design systems and implementation tools (Visio, Omnigraffle, Adobe CS, Invision, Axure, etc.)
Education: Master’s Degree in Human Factors Engineering, HCI, or equivalent project/portfolio experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs