A client in NYC is looking for a Junior to Mid-level Graphic Designer for an ongoing freelance assignment starting ASAP.
They are specifically looking for someone who can help them manage e-commerce website design / development, as well as general digital projects.
The Project Manager has day-to-day responsibility for the smooth and effective running of their projects with a focus on great delivery. To do this they should have great skills in effective project set up, budget control, project tracking and reporting, risk and issue analysis and quality assurance. With this in mind, an understanding of the principles of Project Management, appropriate methodologies and processes is vital.
Experience & Skills
• Degree or equivalent work experience
• 2-3 years of experience in digital development and project management
• Good understanding of web technologies such as HTML/HTML5, CSS, CMS, and mobile
• Experience in using project management tools such as MS Project, budget/time tracking tools and issue tracking software (GitHub or similar)
• Experience in an agency environment
• Experience with common CMS / e-commerce platforms (Shopify, SalesForce Commerce Cloud, etc.)
• Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana, Trello, Basecamp or JIRA
• Experience in a project management models including Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum a plus
Role & Responsibilities
• Manage and deliver multiple work streams for various types of digital projects (e.g. website development, mobile apps, digital advertising, email marketing campaigns, etc.) to agreed scope, timings, budget and quality
• Work with internal teams to help define project scope, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects
• Be the hub of communication for the project - in regular contact with internal and external partners engaged in delivering our product.
• Set up projects in Asana, Trello or similar to give full visibility but allow the team to collaborate independently
• Create robust and realistic budgets in MS Excel or Google sheets
• Produce realistic project schedules with clear milestones
• Use GitHub, Trello or similar to assign and track issues when appropriate
• Communicate effectively with developers, articulating clients needs and finding solutions
• Translate technical issues into "client speak"
• Be on top of your projects and know timings, key milestones, budgets, resourcing, risks, etc.
• Assess the time and financial impact of changes and communicate to clients as appropriate.
• Understand the key technical aspects of the development process for website delivery, email delivery, online advertising, digital outdoor etc. as appropriate to your client.
- Well-rounded digital graphic designer with 2-4 years of experience
- Experience creating multi-channel marketing assets --- emails, site ads, landing pages and social media units
- An elevated design aesthetic
- An understanding of direct response best practices and how design influences consumers to take an action
- Experience in marketing, advertising or ecommerce a plus
Required skills: Sketch, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, working knowledge of G Suite, project management system such as Basecamp
Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills. You should be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time, while interfacing with several brand teams. A working understanding of project management tools such as Basecamp and a knowledge of design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch. We are looking for a team player that's resourceful and loves to move things forward without tons of supervision.