A great opportunity for experienced bid managers looking for a new challenge. My client is the leading Risk Management, Insurance and Human Resource consultancy, offering great benefits and competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Bid Manager will be accountable for the delivery and management of individual projects to support new business sales including:
• Management and delivery of individual client bid projects (RFPs, RFIs, PQQs, ITTs etc) in line with standard best practice process;
• Creation and delivery of client specific direct sales materials (placemats, slide decks, brochures etc) in line with standard best practice process;
• Support for and management of defined projects for Head of Bid Management;
• Creation and delivery of non-client specific direct sales collateral;
• Act as practice champion for at least one defined practice or sub-practice area.
Areas of achievement
Adaptability/ Client Focus
• Demonstrates market awareness and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the company’s products and services
• Considers Sales Effectiveness and Commercial Team business requirements and objectives whilst supporting and delivering projects. Considers opportunities for development.
• Demonstrates a clear ability to adapt approach and support to align with the individual needs of contacts and opportunities whilst recognising the benefits of operating within a standard framework
• Demonstrates ability to deliver to multiple stakeholders and manage a high volume of reactive work.
• Understanding and experience of all technologies supporting UKI Sales Activity is desirable but not essential.
Business Functional Knowledge
• In depth understanding of at least one functional business areas across the company would be an advantage but is not essential
Essential Key Competencies
• Must be proactive, tenacious and good at troubleshooting and problem solving. Must be capable of managing multiple projects and dealing with high pressured deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Facilitation and co-ordination skills.
• Highly solutions oriented.
• Professional in approach to working with internal and external clients.
• Team oriented – works proactively with other team members to achieve results in a matrix management environment.
• Self managed and able to work and think independently.
• Highly organised with strong ability to coordinate and control disparate groups remotely.
• At least 3 years bid management experience. (Essential)
• Liaison with internal business contacts.
• Project management experience (formal qualification not required).
• Experience working with or as part of a sales team.
• Over 3 years experience in either multiple or a multi-faceted role within HR, pension or benefits.
• Liaison with software suppliers and IT development teams
• Previous experience and direct involvement in sales and marketing
• Knowledge of HR, pension or benefits solutions.
• Skills in the following software:
• MS Word (Intermediate to Advanced competence);
• MS Powerpoint (Intermediate to Advanced competence);
• Adobe Indesign
• Exposure to some of the systems below would be highly desirable:
• MS Visio;
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Qvidian RFP database
Selected candidate will complete an assessment (complete a presentation in an allotted time) then there will be a face-to-face interview for those who’re successful from the assessment. After that an offer will be made with a start date ASAP.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs