Aquent's Fortune 25 client is looking for a Junior Technical Store Planner to work an ongoing assignment, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Atlanta, GA. Potential to extend or turn permanent.
- Responsible for copying the clip area of the store that has been planned, and inserting that new portion back into the store plan, then QC the plan.
- This role is not responsible for producing the new floor plans, but rather understanding the goals of merchandising and space planning, QC'ing the produced work, and maintaining the files.
- The role is more technical in nature.
- Inserting and QC'ing developed store plans based on existing guidelines while leveraging store performance analytics to drive recommendations to increase store performance through the usage of space allocations and product adjacencies
- Insert store and departmental layouts that align with project scope
- Ensure that the production person has complied with all building regulations, corporate standards and internal standards (i.e. ADA, safety, fire code, CAD standards, compliance elements, bay guides, etc.)
- Support field requests by Division with guidance and approval from Store Planning leadership to ensure proper prioritization of tasks
- Follow the provided structure of store project file management with all related deliverables (DWG files, Images, etc.)
- Performs counts of total or impacted bays and pallets and calculates square footage of assigned plans according to set scope or drawing standards (Total Square Feet, Selling Square Feet, etc.)
- Ensures the proper fixture blocks and associated merchandise labels are leveraged that align with external groups as driven by Store Planning leadership
- Support continuous communication and integration with external groups to ensure cross functional compliance and alignment of the related project or task
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Merchandising and store layout design experience associated with understanding merchandising strategies, product category adjacencies, and floor space analysis.
- Experience must be more design, not drafting
- Retail space planning and/or merchandising experience (partnered with AutoCAD) is a huge plus
- Proficiency with computer-aided design/drafting skills (AutoCAD) is a must!! Candidates without AutoCAD experience will NOT be considered
- Store and macro space planning experience with emphasis in merchandising
- Experience with space productivity analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel at minimum)
- Store operations experience
- Project management experience
- Must be able to adapt to an environment where frequent changes are expected