Aquent has an immediate opportunity for a Junior Technical Apparel Designer. This is a three month contract position with a top retailer in Plano. No relocation. On-site only.
Job Description: The Technical Designer provides technical expertise to evaluate apparel merchandise in terms of style, measurement and construction to achieve the appropriate fit, quality and design interpretation for the manufacturer to follow.
• Collaborate with Design and Product Development teams to determine fit and aesthetics.
• Complete product packages in FlexPLM, including measurements, construction details and technical sketches.
• Establish and maintain fit and construction standards to ensure brand consistency and quality.
• Prepare and lead fit sessions with Design and Product Development, discuss fit history when presenting current fit and recommend alternative methods of construction or options for components when necessary.
• Resolve and communicate fit and construction issues to International Buying Offices and factories within the development and production timelines.
• Daily communication and follow through with IBO, vendors, and all cross-functional partners.
• Enhance fit and quality through review of customer comments, competitive analysis, and conducting fit symposiums.